Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lee Valley

South Africa is not the place to get quality tools.
We get *&^% from whoever is the cheapest.

Got my second delivery from Lee Valley today.
11 days from Canada to my postbox.
A set of 12 screwdrivers for the same price as 6 here (including
exchange and shipping)
Forstner and brad point bits that drill holes the size you want
instead of ploughing through the material and making some sort of hole
which is either to small or too big.
Also like the stickers on each item which states country of origin

Now only one question - will I get a new catalogue when released?

Thank you Lee Valley for quality products and efficient service.

Phil

eat the samoosa to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

Phil Hansen wrote:

Now only one question - will I get a new catalogue when released?

As long as you keep buying stuff, you keep getting the catalogs. I've never
figured out how long they send them, since I keep buying stuff before they stop.
I'm assuming that they don't differentiate between domestic and foreign
customers in this regard.

Mike
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 12:31:05 -0400, Michael Daly wrote:

Phil Hansen wrote:

Now only one question - will I get a new catalogue when released?

As long as you keep buying stuff, you keep getting the catalogs. I've never
figured out how long they send them, since I keep buying stuff before they stop.
I'm assuming that they don't differentiate between domestic and foreign
customers in this regard.

I'm still getting catalogs and it's been a long time since I ordered from Lee
Valley.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 18:04:17 +0200, Phil Hansen
wrote:

South Africa is not the place to get quality tools.
We get *&^% from whoever is the cheapest.

Got my second delivery from Lee Valley today.
11 days from Canada to my postbox.
A set of 12 screwdrivers for the same price as 6 here (including
exchange and shipping)
Forstner and brad point bits that drill holes the size you want
instead of ploughing through the material and making some sort of hole
which is either to small or too big.
Also like the stickers on each item which states country of origin

Now only one question - will I get a new catalogue when released?

Thank you Lee Valley for quality products and efficient service.

Phil

eat the samoosa to reply

Did you order online and check the "send latest catalog" box?

If not, you can request one online, I think...
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis

Posted to rec.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message

Did you order online and check the "send latest catalog" box?
If not, you can request one online, I think...

https://www.leevalley.com/home/CatalogSelect.aspx?c=1

Posted to rec.woodworking

Phil Hansen wrote:

snip

Now only one question - will I get a new catalogue when released?

Thank you Lee Valley for quality products and efficient service.

Phil

Lee Valley is pretty good at keeping customers coming back for
more - so I'm betting you'll be getting every one of their
catalogues,
including their gardening catalogue.

Their tool catalogue should come in a plane brown wrapper since
it's obviously tool porn and give the word "woody" a whole new
meaning.

Lee Valley is the antithesis of Wal-Mart. Their combination
of good quality stuff at a fair price and excellent service
should be taught in every business school. Wish others would
compete in a race for the top rather than to the bottom.

Kudos to Lee Valley and you enjoy their tool porn catalogues!

charlie b
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Phil Hansen" wrote in message

Thank you Lee Valley for quality products and efficient service.

Simply put, and to state the obvious:

LV is run and staffed by happy folks who enjoy what they do.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/06

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
"Phil Hansen" wrote in message

Thank you Lee Valley for quality products and efficient service.

Simply put, and to state the obvious:

LV is run and staffed by happy folks who enjoy what they do.

FYI, I got my '06-'07 tool catalog today.

JP

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hi Phil,

Quoted from Lee Valley's website:

"We offer free catalogs to our customers living in Canada and the
United States. If you are placing an order, just fill in the request
for the main catalogs of your choice at the bottom of the shopping
cart checkout screen."

Link: https://www.leevalley.com/home/CatalogSelect.aspx?c=2

I'm assuming you can get the new one the next time you place an order.
That give you another good reason to order =8^)

Hope this helps,

Greg D.

wrote:

South Africa is not the place to get quality tools.
We get *&^% from whoever is the cheapest.

Got my second delivery from Lee Valley today.
11 days from Canada to my postbox.
A set of 12 screwdrivers for the same price as 6 here (including
exchange and shipping)
Forstner and brad point bits that drill holes the size you want
instead of ploughing through the material and making some sort of hole
which is either to small or too big.
Also like the stickers on each item which states country of origin

Now only one question - will I get a new catalogue when released?

Thank you Lee Valley for quality products and efficient service.

Phil

eat the samoosa to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

To All,
I did check the box but I presume my order was just before the new
catalogue was available. Maybe it is on its way.

I did get all 3 with the previous order and as was said it is real
porn.

Normally there is no way to get a catalogue outside of USA/Canada.
Imagine the mailing cost to send all over the world to all those who
want it just because it is available and free.
As an existing customer hopefully I will get them.
Already planning the next order so need to know what is new G

Cheers

eat the samoosa to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Phil Hansen" wrote in message
Already planning the next order so need to know what is new G

Easily accomplished by first familiarizing yourself with what's generally
available and then regularly going to their website and clicking on the
"what's new" button.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 02:07:28 -0400, "Upscale"
wrote:

"Phil Hansen" wrote in message
Already planning the next order so need to know what is new G

Easily accomplished by first familiarizing yourself with what's generally
available and then regularly going to their website and clicking on the
"what's new" button.

Agreed but dialup is costly here and it is so much nicer to relax with
a beer, catalogue and marking pen and sit in the sun and dream of an
unlimited budget G.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Iam a reqular customer living in MA which is not very far away and i
just received new catalog on Friday along with woodcraft catalog.So
maybe your not being patient enough.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Par Par is offline

charlie b :
Their tool catalogue should come in a plane brown wrapper since
it's obviously tool porn and give the word "woody" a whole new
meaning.

Well known fact; anything you drool longingly over is porn. In some
circles that is glossy pictures of flint arrowheads or illuminated
medieval manuscripts. For us it is well built tools.

/Par

--
Par
[Hearing about what's on a US ballot] Jeez, this is worse than Sim City.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

"Phil Hansen" wrote in message
Already planning the next order so need to know what is new G

Easily accomplished by first familiarizing yourself with what's generally
available and then regularly going to their website and clicking on the
"what's new" button.

Agreed but dialup is costly here and it is so much nicer to relax with
a beer, catalogue and marking pen and sit in the sun and dream of an
unlimited budget G.

Hi Phil -

Thanks for the kind comments - I'll check and make sure one is on its
way....!

Cheers -

Rob

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 09:50:32 -0400, "Rob Lee"
wrote:
Hi Phil -

Thanks for the kind comments - I'll check and make sure one is on its
way....!

Hi Rob,
Thank you. Look forward to it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Their tool catalogue should come in a plane brown wrapper since
it's obviously tool porn and give the word "woody" a whole new
meaning.

Just about laughed out loud when I got my new LV catalog today - it
came wrapped in an opaque green plastic wrapper!
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Andy" wrote in news:1157519667.478853.35200
@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

Their tool catalogue should come in a plane brown wrapper since
it's obviously tool porn and give the word "woody" a whole new
meaning.

Just about laughed out loud when I got my new LV catalog today - it
came wrapped in an opaque green plastic wrapper!
Andy

And did y'all notice the gate-fold plane pin up?

I'm lusting after the (new) iron #95 at the reduced introductory price.
Mighty attractive.

--
Regards,

JT