Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Planer problem

I have a Craftsman 13" planer, model # 351.217430. While planing an 8' red
oak board, the infeed and outfeed rollers quit; the cutters still rotated as
usual. I took off a 1/16th or less each pass. The rollers do not turn, even
by hand.
I took the case off and looked around; the roller drive chain is intact but
I can't move it. The rollers are free of wood chips.
The planer has always worked perfectly up until now. I would appreciate any
ideas/suggestions on what to look for, because it seems as if a part is
broken somewhere and not allowing the rollers to rotate.
Thank you,
Chris Martin

Posted to rec.woodworking

Go here http://www3.sears.com/ click on parts then enter in the model
number and look at the diagrams. Should give you a better idea of what is
connected to what. Looks as though there is a spline key in the assy (part
59 4x4x19mm) that drives the sprocket (37) that drives the chain (36).

I have a DeWalt so I can't help much more with your model.

Bob S.