Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default Metal clad workshop or woodframe dilema resolved

A general contractor will schedule for wood frame building, plumbing
which is half bath and drain board with double sink adjacent to bath
enclosure for mixing finishes and cleaning up, septic, drywall,
insulation, 18' roll up door and person door, 3 windows in 6-8 weeks.
Cost is about 3 times price for incomplete metal clad building with
slab and insulation, roll up door and person door. NOT included in
metal clad is electrical, plumbing, septic and inside walls. Ceiling
is contour of the metal sloping up to top. Wood frame includes attic
for storage with pull down steps with typical flat ceiling 9' high.

I called about 8 electrical contractors for adding a few circuits in
the garage and one committed for an appointment that wasn't kept with
no phone call to notify us. Person answering the phone when we called
a couple of days later had no idea that it was a no show. She did
call back saying "You had better find someone else as we are very
busy". Haven't tried plumber but halfway expect similar response.
Have a couple of leads for septic but without experience or guidance
wouldn't be sure when to schedule it.

We end up with turnkey operation as all I have to do is transfer tools
from garage to shop and get another cordless phone and refrigerator
and whatever fluorescent's I want to hang. Will gladly trade
insecurities of metal clad contractor scheduling and unfamiliarity of
metal walls instead of typical wood frame for complete task by someone
that does this all year long.

New metal spinning DVD due for release Terry Woodturning 4 March 2nd 05 01:01 PM
Metal spinning DVD due for release Terry Metalworking 0 March 1st 05 01:05 PM
Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM
Comments on Steel Buildings for Workshop Pops Woodworking 12 November 6th 03 03:35 PM
metal clad front door [email protected] UK diy 2 July 9th 03 08:57 AM