Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Recommended Furniture Polish?

Hi, I've got a few pieces of very nice wood furniture. One is a chest of
nine drawers that is advertised as coming from India it's about 5' 6" tall
with concave sides that appears to be covered in a very thin stain, another
chest of drawers built in the style of a tall sever drawer campaign chest.
These two pieces appear to be very dry. Which furniture polish shouldI use
on them? I called a local furniture shop who recommended that I use
Guardsman.
Which polish should I use? The chest from India has a light scratch on the
top. Can I repair it myself? If so, what do I use to fix it?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike" wrote in message news:Y6rGg.4090$hP6.1294@trnddc04...
Hi, I've got a few pieces of very nice wood furniture. One is a chest of
nine drawers that is advertised as coming from India it's about 5' 6" tall
with concave sides that appears to be covered in a very thin stain,
another chest of drawers built in the style of a tall sever drawer
campaign chest. These two pieces appear to be very dry. Which furniture
polish shouldI use on them? I called a local furniture shop who
recommended that I use Guardsman.
Which polish should I use? The chest from India has a light scratch on
the top. Can I repair it myself? If so, what do I use to fix it?

Which furniture polish do you use?
Should I post my original message to another group?