Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sawmill Creek Forums Help

i tried to join this forum this morning and for some reason it won't
allow me
to join because my name isn't a real name. it seems real enough to me
but it won't allow me to register. anyone else have this trouble with
sawmillcreek?

thanks,
graham

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7 Aug 2006 08:37:21 -0700, "novascroller"
wrote:

i tried to join this forum this morning and for some reason it won't
allow me
to join because my name isn't a real name. it seems real enough to me
but it won't allow me to register. anyone else have this trouble with
sawmillcreek?

thanks,
graham

Novascroller is your real name? You need to know the genesis of SMC to
understand the requirement. The original people populating that forum
(I was one of them) were evacuees of another forum that disbanded. One
of the strict requirements of that forum was real names. It probably
never occcured to any of the founders (nor did it to me) to change the
policy. It's a good one. It's surprising how keeping out a little
anonymity ensures a lot of civility.

Anyway, Novascroller sounds made up to me, and I'm sure it did to
them, too (Graham sounds real enough, though). Why don't you drop a
line via the backchannel to one of the moderators and negotiate a
resolution. If Novascroller isn't your real name you'll have to cough
up your real one if you want to play there. If it is, it shouldn't be
difficult to prove it and I'm sure the SMC folks will accept it.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I am a member of SMC and it is a GREAT forum.

Make sure you are using both a real first name and last name. The system
will not permit a "one" name approval for membership.

i.e.: John Smith-acceptable
novascroller-unacceptable

Look forward to seeing you there.

oups.com...