Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Got my Pin Nailer from Amazon - Finally

I ordered my Bostitch HP118K from Amazon on April 26 ----Received it on July
27.
Not a bad price at $107, but the 3 month wait was worse than Amazon's usual
free shipping deals.

Used it the first time today and boy do I like it.
In the past I had to clamp small pieces of trim until the glue dried.
This is much faster and you can hardly see the nail holes.

One of those tools you wish you had purchased a long time ago.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom H" wrote in message
I ordered my Bostitch HP118K from Amazon on April 26 ----Received it on

July
27.
Not a bad price at $107, but the 3 month wait was worse than Amazon's

usual
free shipping deals.

Used it the first time today and boy do I like it.
In the past I had to clamp small pieces of trim until the glue dried.
This is much faster and you can hardly see the nail holes.

One of those tools you wish you had purchased a long time ago.

Was it the same tool you ordered?

The bastids cancelled my order for the Bostitch TU-216-2330 (which got great
reviews, including some privately from a couple of the well known cabinet
makers here), which was placed about 3 months ago.

Apparently it is no longer made. Do you know the difference?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/21/06

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sometimes I feel like the blessed, chosen one. From reading posts and
listening to friends I know Amazon has frequent delivery problems. I have
seldom had a shipment take an entire week. They always seem to beat their
estimate by a couple of days;

Now just wait until I send my next order.....

RonB

"Tom H" wrote in message
. net...
I ordered my Bostitch HP118K from Amazon on April 26 ----Received it on
July 27.
Not a bad price at $107, but the 3 month wait was worse than Amazon's
usual free shipping deals.

Used it the first time today and boy do I like it.
In the past I had to clamp small pieces of trim until the glue dried.
This is much faster and you can hardly see the nail holes.

One of those tools you wish you had purchased a long time ago.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom H" wrote in message

I'm not sure there is a difference.
I downloaded the manual for the TU-216-2330 and it appears to be the same
gun as the HP118K.

Sorry to say I'm suspicious of all corporate actions these days. Considering
the reputation of the TU-216-2330, it doesn't make sense to change the model
number the unless this "new" version was "value engineered" in some manner.

I just don't trust 'em.

I recently bought an Omer for the shop, but would like to have a less
expensive one to carry in the truck, thus my interest/attempted purchase of
the Bostitch.

Keep us posted on your experience ... the 23ga pinners are great tools.

Thanks

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/21/06

Posted to rec.woodworking

I wonder why the TU-216-2330 is supported on their website and the HP118K is
not.
See he
http://www.bostitch.com/default.asp?...ft_tooldoc.htm

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Tom H" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article sw5zg.1545$W93.703@dukeread05, "RonB"
wrote:

Sometimes I feel like the blessed, chosen one. From reading posts and
listening to friends I know Amazon has frequent delivery problems. I have
seldom had a shipment take an entire week. They always seem to beat their
estimate by a couple of days;

Now just wait until I send my next order.....

I used to be very impressed with Amazon prior to about a year or so ago.
When you order, are you using their free shipping deal?

What I've come to suspect (very, very strongly) is that when I request
free shipping, the item does NOT ship within the general "ships within X
days" indicated on the item's description page. I believe they bump up
every order that has a paid shipping request in front of the free ships.

My last order (May 5th) was a Hitachi drill that was to ship within 24
hours - watched my online order info for two weeks with it telling me it
would ship soon while the drill's description page still indicated a
number of these in stock and would ship within 24 hours. I rec'd an
email indicating a delay on May 12th. On May 18th I sent an email
expressing my frustration with Amazon of late (citing a problem that
lasted 2 months from August '05). Lo and behold, on May 19th I got an
apology email from customer service telling me they were going to
upgrade my order to 2-day shipping at no cost. That afternoon I got the
auto-email that my order shipped.

Hmmm. If I didn't know any better I'd think they were delaying the free
shipping orders for those who pay for shipping... it's no wonder Amazon
is losing it's internet darling luster.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05
Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Seems to me that it says somewhere on their site that free shipping is going
to take longer. Stands to reason it would. I'm sure that it gets in on a
group rate when many items are heading in your direction. Kind of like
flying standby.

news
wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
"CW" wrote:

Seems to me that it says somewhere on their site that free shipping is going
to take longer. Stands to reason it would. I'm sure that it gets in on a
group rate when many items are heading in your direction. Kind of like
flying standby.

As per the Amazon Super-Saver Shipping details:
"4. Select Super Saver Shipping as your shipping speed. Please note that
your order will take an additional 3 to 5 days to ship."

3-5 days I can deal with - 3 weeks I can't.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company
__________

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05

Posted to rec.woodworking

I was working with my new HP118K pin nailer this AM and noticed the
nameplate on the gun says model TU-216-2330.
Could it be that the HP118K is the number for the Kit which includes the
gun, case, oil and starter pack of pin nails?

"Tom H" wrote in message
. net...
I ordered my Bostitch HP118K from Amazon on April 26 ----Received it on
July 27.
Not a bad price at $107, but the 3 month wait was worse than Amazon's
usual free shipping deals.

Used it the first time today and boy do I like it.
In the past I had to clamp small pieces of trim until the glue dried.
This is much faster and you can hardly see the nail holes.

One of those tools you wish you had purchased a long time ago.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom H" wrote in message
I was working with my new HP118K pin nailer this AM and noticed the
nameplate on the gun says model TU-216-2330.
Could it be that the HP118K is the number for the Kit which includes the
gun, case, oil and starter pack of pin nails?

Ah ha!

Thanks for that bit of information ... time for trip to Amazon.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/30/06

Posted to rec.woodworking
bf bf is offline

Fly-by-Night CC wrote:
Hmmm. If I didn't know any better I'd think they were delaying the free
shipping orders for those who pay for shipping... it's no wonder Amazon
is losing it's internet darling luster.
--

I think some orders get delayed because they do one big bulk order with
the manufacturer. I was dumb enough to order some Freud router bits

No one that I know pays for shipping with Amazon, so I don't know if
paying for shipping gets it to you significantly faster.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Fly-by-Night CC" wrote :

What I've come to suspect (very, very strongly) is that when I request
free shipping, the item does NOT ship within the general "ships within X
days" indicated on the item's description page. I believe they bump up
every order that has a paid shipping request in front of the free ships.

Ya think? I ordered the Hitachi M12VC router kit a few weeks back when they
had it for $119. I originally chose Super Saver option, then saw that the
ship date wasn't until August or September - far too long for me, in any
case. I wasn't gonna play that, so I went back to the site and changed the
shipping to 3-day, and whammo - suddenly, the ship date moved up to the
following week (this was on a Saturday).

Then I changed my mind and changed it back to Super Saver. The ship date
stayed the same, though, and I got the kit the following week. Dumb luck, I
guess.

Jason

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jason Quick wrote:
"Fly-by-Night CC" wrote :

[...]

I've ordered items that say "Usually ships within 24 hours" and then
had them come back with a delivery estimate of a month or two later.
So I go back to the item and it STILL says "Usually ships within 24
hours". I've complained, saying I need it for a job, and had some
success. Other times they have just let me cancel the order. And
other times I've just had to wait it out - sometimes over a month. I
recently had a VERY bad experience with amazon over a return and I now
pretty much shop elsewhere.

JP
Support your (good) local independents!!