Posted to rec.woodworking

Default another Woodcraft sale: LN LA Block Plane or PC690LR - 20% off

Got the regular sale email from Woodcraft today, and each of these
items are on sale for $120, but only if you buy them through the link
in the email. If you aren't on their list, I pasted the text below,
and if that doesn't work, I can forward you the email.
I'm planning negotiations with SWMBO to pick up the LN plane... (Unless
someone convinces me the LV LABP is somehow better)
Andy

Low Angle Block Plane
Reg. $149.99, eMail Only Special $119.99
Click:
http://woodcraft.com/family.aspx?fam...fcode=07IN07NL

WOODCRAFT Raised Panel Set
Reg. $119.99, eMail Only Special $79.99
Click:
http://woodcraft.com/family.aspx?fam...fcode=07IN07NL

Porter Cable 1-3/4 HP Router
Reg. $149.99, eMail Only Special $119.99
Click:
http://woodcraft.com/family.aspx?fam...fcode=07IN07NL

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Andy" wrote in news:1153255835.249121.227130
@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Got the regular sale email from Woodcraft today, and each of these
items are on sale for $120, but only if you buy them through the link
in the email. If you aren't on their list, I pasted the text below,
and if that doesn't work, I can forward you the email.
I'm planning negotiations with SWMBO to pick up the LN plane... (Unless
someone convinces me the LV LABP is somehow better)
Andy

I've got both the LN and the LV block planes, and they are both FINE tools.
My experience, for some reason, is that I pick and use the LN more
frequently. It's narrower, and fits my hand, and often my work, better.
When I want a slightly larger plane, I have a nice, really old, Stanley #3
sweetheart, tuned up pretty well, that fills the bill. So the LV block
doesn't get too much use.

But that's just me. Both of these block planes are standard angles,
however. Choose what you need.

Patriarch
Posted to rec.woodworking

Does the LN have a lateral adjustment?

Alan

Posted to rec.woodworking

I don't know squat about planes, but have researched and many here
recommend this plane - even as a starting plane. I'm probably going to
buy this on Thurs, and see if the extra 10% is applied. Do you know if
this sale will be on then as well?

Might try to find a smoother and jointer too...

I ordered "The Handplane Book" yesterday as well.

Maybe I'll build a workbench now...

- jbd

Tuning a plane Mark Ohlund Woodworking 0 July 18th 06 06:54 PM
Steve Knight plane + stones for sale Alan Belkin Woodworking 5 September 22nd 05 06:41 PM
Copper Casting In America (Trevelyan) Yuri Kuchinsky Metalworking 330 July 21st 04 11:59 PM
Hand plane - can you REALLY joint a perfectly straight edge? Bay Area Dave Woodworking 115 November 17th 03 07:56 PM
Block vs Bench plane Mike W. Woodworking 6 October 5th 03 04:59 PM