Posted to rec.woodworking

Default searching newsgroup

How do I do a keyword search of a newsgroup, or multiple newsgroups, to see
if the topic has been discussed.

Thanks in advance.

Brian n Garland.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Brian n Garland" wrote in message
How do I do a keyword search of a newsgroup, or multiple newsgroups, to
see if the topic has been discussed.

Thanks in advance.

Brian n Garland.

http://groups.google.com/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q=

Posted to rec.woodworking

Brian n Garland wrote:

How do I do a keyword search of a newsgroup, or multiple newsgroups, to see
if the topic has been discussed.

Thanks in advance.

Brian n Garland.

Google's "Advanced Search" is what I prefer to use.

http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)
Posted to rec.woodworking

If you are using Outlook Express:

Edit,
Find,
Message...,
(enter the text of the parameter you are hoping to find i.e. From, To,
Subject, Message).

If you think it has been within the last week, click the box beside Received
after, and then the drop down box, and click on the date one row up. The
Subject is the title of the message; if in the Message field it searches in
the text of the bodies of all of the messages in that group(s). Find next
may be useful for subsequent occurences of the same text, such as within a
large document using a word processing program such as MS Word. I cannot
seem to add to the names of the groups to search in the Look In field, which
may be done with a comma, or other manner, such as when posting a message to
several groups from within OE.