Posted to rec.woodworking
R. Gavin

Default Mississippi Table information

I'm looking for information on a "Mississippi Table". I'm not sure of the
name of the game that you play on it, or the rules for that matter, but my
friend would like to build one.It seems that he use to play a game similar
to what I knew as "table hockey". We use to use coins & an ordinary table,
but he played on this 10 foot table with wooden disks.I've been unsuccessful
with my Google searches, except for this photo :
http://www.palason.ca/g_f_mississippi.html
perhaps someone in this group knows the game ?
-Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking
no(SPAM)vasys

R. Gavin wrote:

I'm looking for information on a "Mississippi Table". I'm not sure of the
name of the game that you play on it, or the rules for that matter, but my
friend would like to build one.It seems that he use to play a game similar
to what I knew as "table hockey". We use to use coins & an ordinary table,
but he played on this 10 foot table with wooden disks.I've been unsuccessful
with my Google searches, except for this photo :
http://www.palason.ca/g_f_mississippi.html
perhaps someone in this group knows the game ?
-Thanks

The size of the table varies but try a search for "Knock Hockey".
Here's one example:

http://www.blakeschool.org/academics...key/index.html

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)
Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

"R. Gavin" wrote in message ...
I'm looking for information on a "Mississippi Table". I'm not sure of the
name of the game that you play on it, or the rules for that matter, but my
friend would like to build one.It seems that he use to play a game similar
to what I knew as "table hockey". We use to use coins & an ordinary table,
but he played on this 10 foot table with wooden disks.I've been
unsuccessful
with my Google searches, except for this photo :
http://www.palason.ca/g_f_mississippi.html
perhaps someone in this group knows the game ?
-Thanks

Table shuffleboard?

http://www.championshuffleboard.com/...plimited.shtml

I used to love this game!