Posted to rec.woodworking
Herb Robinson

Default Stuck Craftsman chest drawer

I've got a stuck drawer on my Craftsman tool chest -- something in the
bottom drawer is sticking up and keeping me from closing the one on top of
it or opening it to where I can get into it. I know there is a way to
remove the drawer from it's slides, but darned if I can see how. Can
someone out the give me some help?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Herb Robinson" wrote in message
I've got a stuck drawer on my Craftsman tool chest -- something in the
bottom drawer is sticking up and keeping me from closing the one on top of
it or opening it to where I can get into it. I know there is a way to
remove the drawer from it's slides, but darned if I can see how. Can
someone out the give me some help?

Pull the drawer that will come out fully to its stops and look at the sides
of the slides. There is an opening that reveals the bent out "ear" portion
of the drawer. This bent out ear needs to be pushed in fully with a screw
driver so that the slide will release the drawer.

Bend the ear back out before remounting the drawer so that it will again
stop the drawer from coming all the way out unexpectedly.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Perfection In Wood

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 20:18:02 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

"Herb Robinson" wrote in message
I've got a stuck drawer on my Craftsman tool chest -- something in the
bottom drawer is sticking up and keeping me from closing the one on top of
it or opening it to where I can get into it. I know there is a way to
remove the drawer from it's slides, but darned if I can see how. Can
someone out the give me some help?

Pull the drawer that will come out fully to its stops and look at the sides
of the slides. There is an opening that reveals the bent out "ear" portion
of the drawer. This bent out ear needs to be pushed in fully with a screw
driver so that the slide will release the drawer.

Bend the ear back out before remounting the drawer so that it will again
stop the drawer from coming all the way out unexpectedly.

And if that does not work-

I recall that my CM chest had to have the top open to pull out the
lower drawers. There was some kind of mechanism that would not allow
the bottom drawers to open unless the top was up/open.
Posted to rec.woodworking
bent

Pull the drawer out a small amount so you can push in the tab within the
front part of the slide, and you may need to open the drawer(s) above at the
same time, which is where the item(s) are stuck athe the back, poking up,
running into the upper drawer?