Posted to rec.woodworking

Default PET COFFINS

Wonder if any of the wood workers in this group has ever made a coffin?

In this day and age with the amount of money people spend on pets I was
wondering if there would be any market for pet coffins? I see Rockler
sells hardware and has plans. I guess they could probably be marketed
through adds or displays at veterinary offices.
Bill T

Posted to rec.woodworking

Wonder if any of the wood workers in this group has ever made a coffin?

I've got three dogs (and one cat) buried in my side yard. I made boxes
from MDO, glued and screwed butt joints. It worked fine.

In this day and age with the amount of money people spend on pets I was
wondering if there would be any market for pet coffins?

I doubt there are enough folks out there to make this a paying
proposition. Also, since dogs come in a wide range of sizes, with far
more variation than with people, you'll need a wide range of sizes of
caskets.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
I doubt there are enough folks out there to make this a paying
proposition. Also, since dogs come in a wide range of sizes, with far
more variation than with people, you'll need a wide range of sizes of
caskets.

There is a market. A guy at work recently paid $500 to have his cat buried
in a pet cemetery.

The sizes are just variation on a theme. It may not be a full time job, but
I'm sure there is a market for it.

Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour

RayV wrote:
wrote:
Wonder if any of the wood workers in this group has ever made a coffin?

In this day and age with the amount of money people spend on pets I was
wondering if there would be any market for pet coffins? I see Rockler
sells hardware and has plans. I guess they could probably be marketed
through adds or displays at veterinary offices.

Somebody beat you to it:
http://www.thepetcasketshop.com

Hmmm. That looks suspiciously like a kitty litter pan with lid.
Certainly would make things easier.

Honey! The cat's dead!
Oh, my, that's terrible. Take out the litter pan when you take out the
cat.
{sound of light bulb blinking on}

Posted to rec.woodworking
Perfection In Wood

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 13:52:36 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

wrote in message
I doubt there are enough folks out there to make this a paying
proposition. Also, since dogs come in a wide range of sizes, with far
more variation than with people, you'll need a wide range of sizes of
caskets.

There is a market. A guy at work recently paid $500 to have his cat buried
in a pet cemetery.

The sizes are just variation on a theme. It may not be a full time job, but
I'm sure there is a market for it.

Yeah, there is a pet cemetary a few towns over and it is costly.

As far as the market, of course there is one. I buy most of my
hard-stock from a wholesaler and he once mentioned that a local
cabinet shop had an order from time to time....wealthy folks. And, I
Googled "pet caskets" and got back a bunch of merchant leads.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Vic Baron

"RicodJour" wrote in message
ups.com...
RayV wrote:
wrote:
Wonder if any of the wood workers in this group has ever made a coffin?

In this day and age with the amount of money people spend on pets I was
wondering if there would be any market for pet coffins? I see Rockler
sells hardware and has plans. I guess they could probably be marketed
through adds or displays at veterinary offices.

Somebody beat you to it:
http://www.thepetcasketshop.com

Hmmm. That looks suspiciously like a kitty litter pan with lid.
Certainly would make things easier.

Honey! The cat's dead!
Oh, my, that's terrible. Take out the litter pan when you take out the
cat.
{sound of light bulb blinking on}

Dunno! Always bothers me when there's a glaring spelling error on the front
page of a website. I always wonder if they cut corners in proof reading
their content, what corners do they cut in their product.

"acomadate" should be accommodate - didn't bother to look any further AND -
IMHO, not having English as a first language is no excuse.

Vic

Posted to rec.woodworking
KENDALL SEYBERT

Just a quick note:

http://www.mhp-petcaskets.com/
http://www.thegingerboxtm.com/retail-information.htm
http://www.petsweloved.com/
http://www.urnsonsale.com/pet_caskets.htm
http://www.theoldpinebox.com/petcoffins.html
http://petcasketcasketsrus.com/category/17475

I guess it's been thought of already...all you need is a strong link with a
local pet cemetery, or if you enjoy competition, you can set up another web
site to market your product. )

--Jim
wrote in message
oups.com...
Wonder if any of the wood workers in this group has ever made a coffin?

In this day and age with the amount of money people spend on pets I was
wondering if there would be any market for pet coffins? I see Rockler
sells hardware and has plans. I guess they could probably be marketed
through adds or displays at veterinary offices.
Bill T

Posted to rec.woodworking
Al

I have not made any coffins for animals but Idid make an urn for my bosses
cat found the plans on Google

Al

wrote in message
oups.com...
Wonder if any of the wood workers in this group has ever made a coffin?

In this day and age with the amount of money people spend on pets I was
wondering if there would be any market for pet coffins? I see Rockler
sells hardware and has plans. I guess they could probably be marketed
through adds or displays at veterinary offices.
Bill T

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mapdude

Shipping within 24 hours? What do you do, put the pet in the freezer
until the casket arrives?

RayV wrote:
wrote:

Somebody beat you to it:
http://www.thepetcasketshop.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:14:40 GMT, "Vic Baron" wrote:

Dunno! Always bothers me when there's a glaring spelling error on the front
page of a website. I always wonder if they cut corners in proof reading
their content, what corners do they cut in their product.

"acomadate" should be accommodate - didn't bother to look any further AND -
IMHO, not having English as a first language is no excuse.

Vic

Bothers me that they don't write their pages with software that includes a
spell-checker...

Welcome to the 90's...

I have to add, since I'm in the biz, that it's mostly the fault of whoever built
the site...
Most people have one built instead of doing it themselves, it's usually more
cost effective..
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis
Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"Mapdude" wrote in message
.. .
Shipping within 24 hours? What do you do, put the pet in the freezer
until the casket arrives?

That is what the vet does until the weekly pickup time. A guy at work had
his cat die in December and it was in the freezer until spring burial.
OR http://www.kanyak.com/ckettle.html

Posted to rec.woodworking
Al

Ihave both versions on here I love the the cats in the kettle even have a
little cartoon of it..

Al

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. com...

"Mapdude" wrote in message
.. .
Shipping within 24 hours? What do you do, put the pet in the freezer
until the casket arrives?

That is what the vet does until the weekly pickup time. A guy at work had
his cat die in December and it was in the freezer until spring burial.
OR http://www.kanyak.com/ckettle.html

woodworking? Coffins for US soldiers! [email protected] Woodworking 5 March 24th 06 09:41 PM
DIY Coffins? Alan Holmes UK diy 205 April 29th 05 09:19 AM
DIY coffins Leon Heller Metalworking 20 April 12th 05 07:24 PM
Wooden Coffins Gerald Ross Woodworking 3 March 12th 05 03:45 PM
Dead Leprechaun Coffins [email protected] Woodworking 1 December 22nd 04 07:16 AM