Posted to rec.woodworking
vernal888

Default Folding Door Hinge Uses

Hello All:

Rockler shows an item in its catalogue and online identified as a "folding
door hinge" (part # 30041). The description states that it is adjustable
for a gap of 1/8" to 0" which seems inconsistent with the illustration.

I need to mount a door panel on a sink base where the hinge side of one
(left) door will extend 4" past the cabinet opening. (It's a symmetry thing
dictated by the width of a pull-out occupying the right-hand side of the
cabinet where the opening is wider than the opening on the left side. The
doors will be the same size giving the appearance of equal-sized openings.)

My original thought was to mount the left panel on drawer slides and use it
as a pull out, but a hinged door will be more convenient.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has used the folding door hinge
and has a thought as to whether it may work in the application described.
I'll take the chance on the $17 order of a pair of the hinges if it seems
that there is a reasonable chance that they might work.

Thanks much.

Posted to rec.woodworking

looks like it will work assuming your face frames are meaty enough to
take a cup drill hole without being compromised, and that you have a
way to drill that hole in place....

Posted to rec.woodworking
vernal888

Hello Bridger:

Thanks for the prompt response. The face frame has the thickness, and I'll
concentrate on a steady hand with a new forstner bit. (And a few practice
tries on scrap.) The face frame is painted poplar, so I'm confident that
the holes can be drilled successfully. If not, I'll plug them, and be back
where I started. At least the door will cover any mishap.

oups.com...

FOLDING BENCH J T Woodworking 8 December 27th 05 05:58 PM
Great folding stand for $29.00 Gene T Woodworking 1 February 12th 05 05:23 PM
Stanley Folding Workbench [email protected] Home Repair 6 January 13th 05 08:37 AM
Folding Chair Rack [email protected] Home Repair 3 January 10th 05 04:44 AM
Folding door mechanism PoP UK diy 3 February 12th 04 06:21 PM