Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey

Default Joinery machine progress

For anyone following the progress (or lack thereof) of my
PC-controlled CNC dovetail/M&T/Box joint machine - I've updated the
page at the link below with a picture of the freshly painted (Krylon
smoke grey gloss, to match my unisaur) machine.

I'm hoping that by the end of the coming week I'll have the hinged
spindle mounting plate (and a trim router "spindle") installed and
running.

It's actually beginning to look more like a machine than a collection
of baltic birch cut-offs. :-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey

Tom Plamann (in )
said:

| Very cool Morris!

Thanks - it's been an interesting learning experience. I've been
fascinated by the kinds of joints that are possible _only_ with CNC.
It seems that much of traditional joinery has evolved as it has
because of human/tool limitations; and I'm eager to investigate some
of the possibilities that arise when joints can be made to mate
perfectly (every time!) in three dimensions.

How are you doing on your (much bigger!) CNC machine? Last I heard was
that you'd found most of the components; but hadn't yet started on the
platform. I'm aware that you've been busy building a new shop and
taking care of customers (I admired the pix you posted to a.b.p.w) -
have you had time to get your CNC equipment assembled and on-line yet?

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

said:

| Very cool Morris!

Thanks - it's been an interesting learning experience. I've been
fascinated by the kinds of joints that are possible _only_ with CNC.
It seems that much of traditional joinery has evolved as it has
because of human/tool limitations; and I'm eager to investigate some
of the possibilities that arise when joints can be made to mate
perfectly (every time!) in three dimensions.

How are you doing on your (much bigger!) CNC machine? Last I heard was
that you'd found most of the components; but hadn't yet started on the
platform. I'm aware that you've been busy building a new shop and
taking care of customers (I admired the pix you posted to a.b.p.w) -
have you had time to get your CNC equipment assembled and on-line yet?

No, I haven't had time to start putting the CNC together. And I don't see
any window in the near future. Too much work I am trying to catch up on. I
am in the shop today finishing up a project I have to deliver to Battle
Creek tomorrow morning.
I did pick up a double disc sander at auction this week. So that will keep
my spare time filled for the next few weeks going over that and painting it
up for the shop. It will be a nice addition being a double sided 48"
diameter disc sander. I had a tough time finding PSA paper for it. I'll post
pictures when I am done spiffin' it up.

Tom

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey

Tom Plamann (in ) said:

snip

| I am in the shop today finishing up a project I
| have to deliver to Battle Creek tomorrow morning.
| I did pick up a double disc sander at auction this week. So that
| will keep my spare time filled for the next few weeks going over
| that and painting it up for the shop. It will be a nice addition
| being a double sided 48" diameter disc sander. I had a tough time
| finding PSA paper for it. I'll post pictures when I am done
| spiffin' it up.

Wow! I'm looking foreward to seeing the photos - that's just *huge*.

Have a safe trip. I hear Grand Rapids is a pretty flaky place. g

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

kms kuba sewing machinery UK diy 0 April 5th 06 09:19 AM
sewing machinery sedatkzyk UK diy 0 March 21st 06 12:54 PM
sewing machinery sedatkzyk UK diy 0 March 21st 06 12:54 PM
sewing machinery sedatkzyk UK diy 0 March 21st 06 12:53 PM
Zanussi washing machine - blown program selector Mat UK diy 1 July 9th 03 01:09 AM