Posted to rec.woodworking
Norm Dresner

Default Modifying a Foredom Handpiece

Has anyone every tried (or heard of someone trying) to modify the Foredom
Hammer Handpiece into a reciprocating carver? I don't know what the stroke
is but from a quick test of it I'd guess in the tens of thousandths of an
inch range.

TIA
Norm

Posted to rec.woodworking
Richard

WHY?? Foredom makes a reciprocating hand piece.

--

Richard,

Richard L. Rombold
WIZARD WOODWORKING
489 N. 32nd. St.
Springfield, Or .97478

Take a look at my mess and work.
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gallery/...ername=thewizz

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste
good with ketchup"
Posted to rec.woodworking
Norm Dresner

"Richard" wrote in message
| WHY?? Foredom makes a reciprocating hand piece.
|
| Norm Dresner wrote:
| Has anyone every tried (or heard of someone trying) to modify the
Foredom
| Hammer Handpiece into a reciprocating carver? I don't know what the
stroke
| is but from a quick test of it I'd guess in the tens of thousandths of
an
| inch range.
|
| TIA
| Norm

The hammer handpiece IS the reciprocating handpiece I mentioned. I'm asking
if anyone's used it to create a power carver!

Norm

Posted to rec.woodworking
Richard

Maybe I am being more dense that normal. The hand piece (50C) that I
am thinking about is a reciprocating carver. ($80.00 at Woodcraft) It
has its own blades plus you can use the Flex-cut blades.
It don't have the power of the Arbortech or the Automach, but the price
is nicer.

Norm Dresner wrote:

The hammer handpiece IS the reciprocating handpiece I mentioned. I'm asking
if anyone's used it to create a power carver!

Norm

--

Richard,

Richard L. Rombold
WIZARD WOODWORKING
489 N. 32nd. St.
Springfield, Or .97478

Take a look at my mess and work.
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gallery/...ername=thewizz

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste
good with ketchup"
Posted to rec.woodworking
Norm Dresner

"Richard" wrote in message

| Maybe I am being more dense that normal. The hand piece (50C) that I
| am thinking about is a reciprocating carver. ($80.00 at Woodcraft) It
| has its own blades plus you can use the Flex-cut blades.
| It don't have the power of the Arbortech or the Automach, but the price
| is nicer.

I've never seen that. Foredom has nothing like that in their catalog and I
can't recall having seen it anywhere. But I'll look now that I know it's
available.

In the mean time, has anyone tried modifying the Hammer Handpiece?

Norm

Posted to rec.woodworking
Norm Dresner

"Norm Dresner" wrote in message
| "Richard" wrote in message
|| Maybe I am being more dense that normal. The hand piece (50C) that I
|| am thinking about is a reciprocating carver. ($80.00 at Woodcraft) It
|| has its own blades plus you can use the Flex-cut blades.
|| It don't have the power of the Arbortech or the Automach, but the price
|| is nicer.
|
| I've never seen that. Foredom has nothing like that in their catalog and
| can't recall having seen it anywhere. But I'll look now that I know it's
| available.
|
| In the mean time, has anyone tried modifying the Hammer Handpiece?
|
| Norm

I just went to the Foredom website
http://www.blackstoneind.com/foundations/store/home.asp
and found out that it's a brand-new handpiece. Thanks for bringing it to my
attention.
Norm

Dremel of Foredom SteveB Metalworking 8 July 14th 05 05:45 AM
Noise levels: Foredom vs. die grinder GCN Metalworking 9 June 8th 05 03:43 AM
Foredom grinder vs knockoff RWL Metalworking 6 March 14th 05 03:49 PM
Foredom Hand Rotary Tool Question SteveB Metalworking 9 December 17th 04 12:12 AM
OT Foredom John Hofstad-Parkhill Metalworking 0 September 8th 04 04:25 AM