Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodworking Design for Windows

Hey folks, have you seen that Gizmolab introduced Design Intuition for
Windows? It's HOT! Under $200.00 and it runs really quick as well.
Simple, easy to use, and does not have a great learning curve. I love
this product and even though I am a beginner at using it, I can see
it's going to save me some time on the projects that I want to work on.
Check it out at http://www.gizmolab.com

Best,

Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking
todd

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey folks, have you seen that Gizmolab introduced Design Intuition for
Windows? It's HOT! Under $200.00 and it runs really quick as well.
Simple, easy to use, and does not have a great learning curve. I love
this product and even though I am a beginner at using it, I can see
it's going to save me some time on the projects that I want to work on.
Check it out at http://www.gizmolab.com

Best,

Mike

Well, there's a non-biased report from someone with no direct interest in
the product if I ever heard one.

todd

Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour

Check it out at http://www.jizmolab.com

Best,

Mike

Well, there's a non-biased report from someone with no direct interest in
the product if I ever heard one.

But he was so chatty and said "Hey folks". I thought he was just one
of the guys! There goes my faith in humanity.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

"RicodJour" wrote:

I want to work on. Check it out at http://www.jizmolab.com

Best,

Mike

Well, there's a non-biased report from someone with no direct
interest in the product if I ever heard one.

But he was so chatty and said "Hey folks". I thought he was just one
of the guys! There goes my faith in humanity.

And he misspelled the URL. Or had a Freudian Moment.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

Lobby Dosser wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote:
todd wrote:
wrote in message

Hey folks, have you seen that Gizmolab introduced Design Intuition

[scnibble]
I want to work on. Check it out at http://www.jizmolab.com

Well, there's a non-biased report from someone with no direct
interest in the product if I ever heard one.

But he was so chatty and said "Hey folks". I thought he was just one
of the guys! There goes my faith in humanity.

And he misspelled the URL. Or had a Freudian Moment.

LOL, my money's on the latter.

er
--
email not valid

Posted to rec.woodworking
Guess who

On Sat, 06 May 2006 03:04:07 -0700, Enoch Root
wrote:

Lobby Dosser wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote:
todd wrote:
wrote in message

Hey folks, have you seen that Gizmolab introduced Design Intuition

[scnibble]
I want to work on. Check it out at http://www.jizmolab.com

Well, there's a non-biased report from someone with no direct
interest in the product if I ever heard one.

But he was so chatty and said "Hey folks". I thought he was just one
of the guys! There goes my faith in humanity.

And he misspelled the URL. Or had a Freudian Moment.

LOL, my money's on the latter.

I'm still trying to figure out why they need my email address when I
don't check that I want them to send me junk mail and can't download
like it says.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey folks, have you seen that Gizmolab introduced Design Intuition for
Windows? It's HOT!

Did you steal it?

Posted to rec.woodworking
no(SPAM)vasys

Guess who wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out why they need my email address when I
don't check that I want them to send me junk mail and can't download
like it says.

Entering the original poster's email address works.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)
Posted to rec.woodworking
charlie b

Not sure if the originator of this thread is sincere
or merely advertising - but I know a little about
gizmolab's Design Inuition because I paid for my
copy in person and met, talked with and toured
the shop of the guy who wrote it.

The guy who came up with this app is a software
guru AND woodworker who lives up in the Santa
Cruz mountains (range of mountains between
Santa Cruz/Pacific Ocean and Silly Cone Valley,
home of Apple, Intel, AMD, Lockheed Martin and
a NASA facility - the one with the HUGE FREAKIN'
WIND TUNNEL.) Having one guy, and a woodworker
at that, writing the application software, it's
more coherent and intuitive than some of the CAD
apps done by mini-mega software companies like
AutoDesk, and more oriented towards woodworkers.

Design Intuition is a 3-D CAD app tailored to wood
working. Like any CAD program, especially 3-D,
there is a learning curve which can be moderately
steep for anyone new to CAD. Even if you've
got a handle on 2-D CAD, the jump to 3-D can
take some time to learn. Since Design Intuition
was developed on a Mac, and since Apple has
always been known for having a User Friendly
Interface (UFGUI), this app is a little more
intutive to use than the WinDoze based CAD
software.

I sort of collect Mac CAD software
Design Workshop Lite (www.artifice.com)
DrawingBoard (www.ashlar.com?)
CADIntosh (www.lemkesoftware.de)
PowerCADD (Engineered Software)
and my favorite - primitive 2-D but
I can make it whistle AND sing
Aldus SuperPaint - version one '86-87
and last updated in '93. Adobe MicroSofted
Aldus - bought 'em out and shelved their
products - AND better ideas,

With Apple going to Intel processors, maybe
the interface for WinDoze CAD apps will
get more User Friendly Graphical User Interfaces
YouFaGooey

Given the price tag of the CAD apps out there,
$200 is a steal. And it does Cut Lists and IIRC,
sheet layout.

charlie b
Posted to rec.woodworking
alexy

Enoch Root wrote:
Lobby Dosser wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote:
todd wrote:
wrote in message

Hey folks, have you seen that Gizmolab introduced Design Intuition

[scnibble]
I want to work on. Check it out at http://www.jizmolab.com

Well, there's a non-biased report from someone with no direct
interest in the product if I ever heard one.

But he was so chatty and said "Hey folks". I thought he was just one
of the guys! There goes my faith in humanity.

And he misspelled the URL. Or had a Freudian Moment.

LOL, my money's on the latter.

LOL^2, RicordJour, that's two. Check the thread, guys. RicordJour did
that in his reply.

But I agree with the sense of others here. Sure looks
self-promotional.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"charlie b" wrote in message

Design Intuition is a 3-D CAD app tailored to wood
working. Like any CAD program, especially 3-D,
there is a learning curve which can be moderately
steep for anyone new to CAD. Even if you've
got a handle on 2-D CAD, the jump to 3-D can
take some time to learn. Since Design Intuition
was developed on a Mac, and since Apple has
always been known for having a User Friendly
Interface (UFGUI), this app is a little more
intutive to use than the WinDoze based CAD
software.

As usual lately, it takes an old hand of the wREC to post something besides
mere BS/conjecture.

Thanks, Charlie ... the software looks interesting and it's good to know its
history/genesis is in woodworking. It's definitely worth a closer look now.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Sat, 06 May 2006 09:17:41 -0400, "no(SPAM)vasys"
wrote:

Guess who wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out why they need my email address when I
don't check that I want them to send me junk mail and can't download
like it says.

Entering the original poster's email address works.

That is purely diabolical in its application of appropriate vengeance. I
love it! Too bad the original poster's e-mail address is probably forged.
Maybe entering the company's contact e-mail address would work.

Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour

alexy wrote:
Enoch Root wrote:
Lobby Dosser wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote:
todd wrote:
wrote in message

Hey folks, have you seen that Gizmolab introduced Design Intuition

[scnibble]
I want to work on. Check it out at http://www.jizmolab.com

Well, there's a non-biased report from someone with no direct
interest in the product if I ever heard one.

But he was so chatty and said "Hey folks". I thought he was just one
of the guys! There goes my faith in humanity.

And he misspelled the URL. Or had a Freudian Moment.

LOL, my money's on the latter.

LOL^2, RicordJour, that's two. Check the thread, guys. RicordJour did
that in his reply.

But I agree with the sense of others here. Sure looks
self-promotional.

I make it a point to tweak spam-esque links when replying. No point in
giving the guy additional traffic.

If the OP is trying to help out the Design Intuition guy, he should
work on his presentation a bit. Charlie's post is worth fifty of the
original spam-clone post.

Posted to rec.woodworking
charlie b

Default Woodworking Design for Windows - Old Hand?

Swingman wrote:

As usual lately, it takes an old hand of the wREC to post something besides
mere BS/conjecture.

DAMN - have my 60th coming up and was already beginning to
get sensitive about "old". Now I'm an "old hand"? I'm shooting
for Galoot - but the Cabal hasn't responded to my membership
application.

Already have the sports car - my little white '91 Miata - with a
REAL roll bar from Hard Dog (the one with the double diagonals)
in Bethania SC.

http://www.bethania-garage.com/why.htm
check out the crash photos - not my Miata in any of them

Added fatter, slightly lower profile tires to compensate for
the larger nice white powder coated wheels. Nothing like
tooling down the highway on a crisp spring night, or early
morning, in a little convertible - wind in your hair - figuratively
speaking - (Had to grow a beard because I knew "head of hair"
would be a thing of the past long before gray would make its
appearance), stars shining and everything right with the world.

Maybe should look into a parachute jump on my birthday. On
second thought, I think I'll put the sea kayak on the roof rack
and go ooking for some place to explore. It's fun sneaking
up behind a duck in a Sharks teal 17' kayak and scaring the
beejesus out of him - or her.

But right now it's back to finishing Rabbit Hutch No. 2 for
the little girls on the corner so they can get the rabbits -
and the rabbit smell - out of their house.

charile b
Posted to rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

alexy wrote:
Enoch Root wrote:

Lobby Dosser wrote:

"RicodJour" wrote:

todd wrote:

wrote in message

Hey folks, have you seen that Gizmolab introduced Design Intuition

[scnibble]

I want to work on. Check it out at http://www.jizmolab.com

Well, there's a non-biased report from someone with no direct
interest in the product if I ever heard one.

But he was so chatty and said "Hey folks". I thought he was just one
of the guys! There goes my faith in humanity.

And he misspelled the URL. Or had a Freudian Moment.

LOL, my money's on the latter.

LOL^2, RicordJour, that's two. Check the thread, guys. RicordJour did
that in his reply.

No, Richday only corrected what was supposed to be there.

er
--
email not valid

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe

On Fri, 5 May 2006 23:15:52 -0500, "todd" wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Hey folks, have you seen that Gizmolab introduced Design Intuition for
Windows? It's HOT! Under $200.00 and it runs really quick as well.
Simple, easy to use, and does not have a great learning curve. I love
this product and even though I am a beginner at using it, I can see
it's going to save me some time on the projects that I want to work on.
Check it out at http://www.gizmolab.com

Best,

Mike

Well, there's a non-biased report from someone with no direct interest in
the product if I ever heard one.

todd

LMAO.....

Woodworking Meets Drug Design stoutman Woodworking 18 October 5th 05 03:04 AM
Anyone use CAD software to design projects? Michael Press Woodworking 118 April 9th 04 02:08 AM
20-20 Kitchen Design V6.1,Cabinet Vision Solid, Planit Millennium II [2CDs], TurboCAD Pro V9.0 [3 CDs] ( Turbocad Pro V9.0, TurboCad Deluxe 9.2FloorPlan v7.3, TurboProject Express v4S), Big Hammer Do It Yourself(Deck Designer v1, Fence Designer v5, P TEL Home Repair 0 January 6th 04 08:42 AM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Is there a FAQ? Neil Woods Woodworking 4 August 21st 03 05:46 PM