Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack

Default Smoking Dremel Cut Out Tool

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

I have the above tool except in the 2-speed version. It has enough power but
the general purpose spiral bit that came with it is useless on even soft,
thin 1/4" wood. It smoked up even on first use on either speed. I see one
other person reported this problem on this cutting bit. So what bit should I
use for cutting wood up to 1" thick?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Jack" n wrote in message
. ..
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

I have the above tool except in the 2-speed version. It has enough power
but the general purpose spiral bit that came with it is useless on even
soft, thin 1/4" wood. It smoked up even on first use on either speed. I
see one other person reported this problem on this cutting bit. So what
bit should I use for cutting wood up to 1" thick?

At least a 1/4" bit, and yes that will probably require a router. Your tool
was originally designed and does a good job on cutting sheet rock.

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Tools of that type (Rotozip and clones) were designed for cutting drywall.
At that, they do reasonably well. Expecting a 1/8" bit of that type to cut
wood much thicker than 1/8 to maybe 1/4 inch is asking a little much. It
will but not well. Might want to try some of the Rotozip bits. Maybe they
are more aggressive. Curved cuts in wood are best done with a jigsaw.

. ..

What is that tool? John McLean UK diy 0 May 1st 06 10:23 AM
Lidl 29/09/05: 100pc 'Fine Tool' (Dremel -style) Set £2.99 Mathew Newton UK diy 10 September 26th 05 03:55 PM
dremel rotary tool J.Lef Home Repair 4 September 17th 05 02:04 AM
drive pin on R8 collets Charles A. Sherwood Metalworking 50 July 9th 04 05:41 AM
Dremel Grout remover tool in another multitool? News UK diy 2 January 28th 04 07:23 PM