Posted to rec.woodworking
Kevin Coleman

Default Unisaw assembly Question

I am putting together a new unisaw. So far so good. I am impressed with
the fit and finish of the saw. No problems. The table is pretty flat, the
wings went on fairly easy and it was easy to get on the mobile base.

When I had to adjust the 90 degree stop to allow me to put the blade at
straight up 90 degrees but found that with the lock nut on the bolt, I could
not adjust the bolt in far enought to get the saw to 90 degrees.

I was goning to either remove the lock nut and use some locite to hold the
bolt in place or use a grinder to grind down the head of the bolt to give me
the necessary clearance. I am hoping you guys recommend the locite since I
dont have a grinder.

Also I have a question about the biesimeyer extension table. From the looks
of it, it is fairly bowed and twisted. Will it straighten out when I bolt
it to the fence rails. I havent measured the twist but its bowed downward
in the center about 1/8 inch or so.

Thanks for your help. I am really jazzed about getting the unisaw up and
making some saw dust

KC

Posted to rec.woodworking
Bugs

"When I had to adjust the 90 degree stop to allow me to put the blade
at
straight up 90 degrees but found that with the lock nut on the bolt, I
could
not adjust the bolt in far enought to get the saw to 90 degrees."

Get a longer bolt.
Bugs

Posted to rec.woodworking
Kevin Coleman

Unless I am looking at the wrong bolt, the bolt needs to be screwed IN
further so a longer bolt wont do it. With the thickness of the bolt head and
lock nut on the bolt the ttrunion cant come up enough

"Bugs" wrote in message
oups.com...
"When I had to adjust the 90 degree stop to allow me to put the blade
at
straight up 90 degrees but found that with the lock nut on the bolt, I
could
not adjust the bolt in far enought to get the saw to 90 degrees."

Get a longer bolt.
Bugs

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 00:48:36 -0700, "Kevin Coleman"
wrote:

[...]

Well that's embarrassing because that is supposed to be factory set
and checked.

Look at the tang on the front trunion bracket (where the screw head
contacts the casting) and see if there is a parting line bump or some
casting crush on that area. If so, file it off or touch it with a die
grinder if you have one.

Grinding the head of the screw a bit would work also. I don't think
loctite would hold.

Frank