Posted to rec.woodworking
noxpurt

Default shear streng of deck screw?

what is the shears strength of a deck screw?

Or where can I find such information?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"noxpurt" wrote in message
what is the shears strength of a deck screw?

Or where can I find such information?

There are many variations of "deck" screws. try www.mcfeeleys.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:54:49 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"noxpurt" wrote in message
what is the shears strength of a deck screw?

Or where can I find such information?

There are many variations of "deck" screws. try www.mcfeeleys.com

True and Mcfeelys probably has every variation known to man. I know
they send me a catalog every now and then and the options seem
endless. And yes, there are high strength versions -high shear- but
these will encroach on lag prices I believe.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce T

A ballpark number is that the shear strength is about 0.6 of the tensile
strength.

Bruce T

"noxpurt" wrote in message
what is the shears strength of a deck screw?

Or where can I find such information?

Posted to rec.woodworking
noxpurt

ok..thankyou......great inputs