Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael Latcha

Default flat cutting saw

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...28&cat=1,42884
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...32&cat=1,42884

Michael Latcha - at home in Redford, MI

"Evon Barvinchack" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hello, I'm looking for a small hand saw the cuts on one side only. I want
it
to cut flush, pegs I put in to cover the screw heads. I know I've seen
them
advertised and I looked in Lee Valley and Rockler. Haven't found any or I
didn't know the proper name. Any help would be appreciated.

----

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave W

The "plugs" used to cover screw heads are called bungs and they are cut from
the face of a board. Plugs would be made from dowel and would expose end
grain. In the boat shop, the hundreds or thousands of bungs in the planking
are cut with a sharp chisel, one blow about 1/16 high and the next one nice
and flush.