Posted to rec.woodworking
CC

Default Q PC557 fence adjustment (long)

I bought a 557 plate jointer a while back, couple months, and had just tried
using it this weekend, I was using #20 biscuits to
join corner joints. Trying to make drawer boxes with it, 3/4 ash stock 4 1/2
tall sides, 18X15. The blade cuts non parallel with the
fence. When putting the joint together, the sides do not match up, they are
out of parallel with each other and end up being
twisted slightly, about a 1/32 and do not flush up on the corners,. My
lumber is perfectly cut square on each end,
Is there an adjustment for the fence to make it parallel with the blade?
On each side of the fence there is the edge of the tool that the fence
slides up and down between. When I place a straight
edge across the ends and hold the tool up to the light, I see light from one
side of the fence and not the other. A
little less than a 1/32 gap. When making cuts on two sides, it compounds and
makes for a non-aligning joint
Anyone else had a problem like this with the tool
I sent an email to PC but do not expect to hear from them for a couple days
Thanks
CC

Posted to rec.woodworking

CC wrote:
I bought a 557 plate jointer a while back, couple months, and had just tried
using it this weekend, I was using #20 biscuits to
join corner joints. Trying to make drawer boxes with it, 3/4 ash stock 4 1/2
tall sides, 18X15. The blade cuts non parallel with the
fence.

It sounds like you have a factory defect. There is not adjustment that
I am aware of to take care of the blade alignment with the fence. Is
machined that way.

Bob

Posted to rec.woodworking
CC

That is what I thought too Bob. I couldn,t find any way to make an
adjustment like that for the fence
I think I will be taking it back and get a replacement tool.

CC

wrote in message
oups.com...