Posted to rec.woodworking
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

Default My new router table

I do love my new baby! Now, all I have to do is figure out WHAT the
heck a router table does!!!

http://www.braincafe.com/sawdust/newtable.htm

Jack

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message . ..
I do love my new baby! Now, all I have to do is figure out WHAT the heck a
router table does!!!

http://www.braincafe.com/sawdust/newtable.htm

Jack

Looks good.

I assume that the fence is fairly accurate and you can replicate a
particular setting without too much trouble??

And I couldn't help but notice that your saw is positioned close to a door
without any casters. Does this mean that you can only cut on it when the
door is open?

Posted to rec.woodworking
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

No, the table saw is a Ridgid with the built-in lift&roll. It's easy
enough to move if needed. The real problem is the dust collection. The
fence was just thrown together so that I could test out the router in
action (works great). I'll need to 'extend' the fence out with a boxed
area above the bit so that I can more effectively collect the dust from
above when cutting. Positioning a vacuum hose underneath won't be a problem.

Lee Michaels wrote:
"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message . ..

I do love my new baby! Now, all I have to do is figure out WHAT the heck a
router table does!!!

http://www.braincafe.com/sawdust/newtable.htm

Jack

Looks good.

I assume that the fence is fairly accurate and you can replicate a
particular setting without too much trouble??

And I couldn't help but notice that your saw is positioned close to a door
without any casters. Does this mean that you can only cut on it when the
door is open?

Posted to rec.woodworking
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

Yes, it moves easily. The dust collection mechanism you linked to is a
good example of what I need to do. Since I'm attaching to the tablesaw
fence, what I plan on doing is building a small boxed area between the
two existing MDF boards in place. Then I can position the vacuum hose
pretty much as shown in the picture you gave the link to.

Dust dust dust! Boy, those things do gen the dust, don't they. Dust
collector or not, I have to remember to wear a face mask when doing this.

I agree with you on the percentage of usage between hand and table
routing. Quite frankly, I just don't have the physical dexterity to hold
the router well enough to get as clean a cut. Of course, the hand helds
are essential when plunging. But I've done that so rarely, I almost
forget what plunging is for!

Jack

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message . ..

I do love my new baby! Now, all I have to do is figure out WHAT the heck a
router table does!!!

http://www.braincafe.com/sawdust/newtable.htm

Jack

Nice looking setup. Can I assume it easily moves away from the wall so you
have room to work with longer pieces? What does a router table do? IMO, it
does more than a hand held. I rarely use my hand router, preferring the
table 95% of the time. Stable and accurate.

As for the fence, I don't know if the rule setup is good, bad or neutral.
The fence does not have to be parallel to anything like on a saw, it
revolves around the bit, just a point, not a plane. You may want to
consider either splitting the fence or putting a hole in it for dust
collection. http://www.benchdog.com/profence.htm I use a shop vac attached
to my Benchdog fence and it get most of the chips when using an edge
treatment but does nothing for a blind cut.

I'm sure you will get much use out of it. Enjoy!

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Nice work but don't you think having the fence control opposite the feed
position is a little inconvenient?

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message . ..
I do love my new baby! Now, all I have to do is figure out WHAT the
heck a router table does!!!

http://www.braincafe.com/sawdust/newtable.htm

Jack

coping sled plans? bdeditch Woodworking 5 January 31st 06 03:55 PM
Centering router on table base Oleg Lego Woodworking 49 January 15th 06 03:36 AM
router for a Porter-Cable router table? Dave Gower Home Repair 8 March 2nd 05 05:55 AM
router table setup Lewis Woodworking 6 November 25th 04 05:02 PM
An Ultimate Router Table - Part I: A Short Story Unisaw A100 Woodworking 15 August 4th 04 10:43 PM