Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Default I Still Ai'nt Dead

Here's a bit of an update on how my life's been going lately in
general. Nah, I'm not back. Not yet anyway. Not for more than just
posting an occassional link or inspiration. I kept track of one or two
threads I posted, but other than that, not even lurking. - more relaxing
that way. I did see yesterday that your resident troll, Buttercup, is
sill spreading his/her/its lame BS. Limp, dorky, little Buttercup,
can't lead, can't follow, and refuses to get out of the way. And to
think, some of you guys used to bitch about all the plans I posted.
LMAO

Been getting the shop straightened up a bit - had to, getting more
"stuff" in it. So, it's a bit fuller, but now actually have more work
space available. Even got the older son interested in making Tikis, but
he's decided no chainsawing them. So, I'm gonna glue two chunks of 2X4
together, and turn him some mallets so he can carve them. He can get
scrap wood at job sites, and we'll glue some 2X8s, 2X12s, etc.,
together, round 'em, and go from there. I've been looking for a reason
to get a hand power planer anyway, this is it.

The younger son found a complete front clip off a '80 Malibu, in
excellent condition, even the same color, to replace the clip on my '78
El Camino. FREE. And both of them say they'll do the work. The El
Camino has only got one dent in the right front fender, but they would
rather replace the whole front, than let me get it fixed. I only wish I
could get them this enthused about finishing my Luv. The only major
difference will be 4 headlights instead of 2. I'm "very" happy with the
El Camino, finally was in the right place at the right time, instead of
5 minutes too late. It's easily worth maybe 3 times the $1400 I paid,
and probably more. I'll possibly get the rear end changed later, for a
bit more pickup, but it's peppy even so, and sounds great. I found a
Q-Jet out in the shop, the younger kid stuck it out there, may get that
rebuilt, and put it in place of the Edelbrock on there now. Love a good
Q-Jet, the sound when the secondaries kick in is awesome, and good
mileage on the primaries.

I still do web searchs, but lately most has been automotive
related, or at least not wood related. Even so, run across a surprising
amount of wood relaed plans, just haven't bothered posting many.

The garage project is starting to gain a bit of momentum now.
Supposed to talk to a concrete guy tomorrow. When it finally gets up,
plan on getting my Dub project out of the way, and then maybe starting
on a boat. Also thinking about another shed, to house the kid's engines
and transmissions he seems to attract like a magnet.

After around 45 years out of MI, my mother now thinks I should move
back up there. "You can get used to the winters again." Yeah, sure,
right. After all those years in places with relatively mild winters,
and some years in countries where 70 degrees was a "cold" winter, I have
no desire to even try. Yeah, I might acclimate to the winters, but no
way I could even "begin" to acclimate to the people.

I may have found out what's wrong with the '79 GMC. The balancer
may need to be replaced. The 305 engine starts, and runs fine. Its
only on the road the noise starts. Sounds like the fan is hitting the
radiator, but it's not. I've been advised it's likely the balancer.
The body is in typical condition, mostly decent, with a bit of rust.
The A/C compressor needs replacing. Transmission is great - a 350.
Clear title. Anyone near me, I'm about 15 miles east of Raleigh, needs
a parts, or beater truck, it's for sale. $400. Tires and wheels are
probably worth that much. Or make a reasonable cash offer. I'm not
guaranteeing the balancer is the problem, and I'm not guaranteeing
anything else - besides the fact that is's been dependable for me for
the last 5 years, until the present problem - otherwise I wouldn't be
getting rid of it. It's a long bed, wagon spoke wheels, good tires,
good glass, step rear bumper, heat works, horn does not work, heavy duty
trailer hitch.

I may have come across a source for some nice clean free wood. I
won't know for a few days. Free wood is always good. Life is basically
good.

I also wound up with two Buick turbos, for a total price of about
$110, including shipping. So, now I'm thinking the Dub may well get a
twin turbo setup. Won't be a biggie to do, once they're rebuilt, and I
figure I can set up a free-floating system, with about 5 pounds of
boost. Should be fun. Later, once the system is fine-tuned, and the
engine rebuilt, may crank up the boost a bit.

I will be checking back on this thread, for a few days anyway.

Later

JOAT
To assume is to make an enemy of exactitude.
- Unknown

Posted to rec.woodworking
jo4hn

J T wrote:

[...]

Shoot, I know you ain't dead. You spend the better part of a week
trying to pry my secrets for dried, polyed, road kill push sticks out of
me. They'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands.
gronk,
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking
Bobby

Hi, JOAT!

Sorry I knocked your posts. They are certainly more insightful and
entertaining than the "alternative" we have been receiving from our
pabala baba.
Glad you're doing well!

Cheers,
Bobby
www.awhangar.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

Didn't JOAT post this same message about a year ago, and a year before
that, and a year before that...?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
news:220420062300183712%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderst one.ca...
Didn't JOAT post this same message about a year ago, and a year before
that, and a year before that...?

Yes, both he and Abe Vigoda are still alive. http://www.abevigoda.com/

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Sun, Apr 23, 2006, 5:33am (EDT+4) (Edwin*Pawlowski)
Yes, both he and Abe Vigoda are still alive.
http://www.abevigoda.com/

Isn't he a zombie now?