Posted to rec.woodworking
jd

Default so what do you think of hte woodworker 2?

Getting ready to replace all the blades (SCMS, tablesaw, etc) as they've
pretty been sharpened to nothing. Its been a few years since I've had to buy
a new tablesaw blade, and I was wondering if the WW2 has held its quality.
Is there something better out there now?

Its going into a unisaw, and is used primarily for furniture type work.....
I resharpen (the reason its been so long since I've had to buy a new
blade....), so thats something to consider too...
thanks
--JD

Posted to rec.woodworking
jo4hn

jd wrote:

Getting ready to replace all the blades (SCMS, tablesaw, etc) as they've
pretty been sharpened to nothing. Its been a few years since I've had to buy
a new tablesaw blade, and I was wondering if the WW2 has held its quality.
Is there something better out there now?

Its going into a unisaw, and is used primarily for furniture type work.....
I resharpen (the reason its been so long since I've had to buy a new
blade....), so thats something to consider too...
thanks
--JD

I have the Chopmaster on the RAS and use a couple of Freuds on the TS.
Both work just fine.
mahalo,
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"jd" wrote in message
Getting ready to replace all the blades (SCMS, tablesaw, etc) as they've
pretty been sharpened to nothing. Its been a few years since I've had to
buy a new tablesaw blade, and I was wondering if the WW2 has held its
quality. Is there something better out there now?

There are at least equal, maybe better by a smidgen. Ridge Carbide and
Infinity both make top notch blades. Any of them will work well

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

"jd" wrote in message
Its been a few years since I've had to buy
a new tablesaw blade, and I was wondering if the WW2 has held its quality.
Is there something better out there now?

Probably but you won't get anyone here to admit it. There is a religious
following behind that blade. I use a Freud with complete satisfaction. I've
also used Sytematic with very good results.

Posted to rec.woodworking
bob

I've been using a WWII for years and it has performed well even with a
couple of sharpenings. A while back I won a Freud Glueline blade in a
raffle at WW show. This blade is touted to rip so well that the edge is
ready for glueing - no jointer needed. Well, I've been using that Freud as
my only blade - rips and crosscuts. And it performs better than the WWII,
at half the cost. I doubt that I'd buy another WWII. I still like them,
but no longer think they are worth the premium.

And yes, rips off the Freud are ready for glue.

Bob