Posted to rec.woodworking
foggytown

Default Miniature Power Tools

Has anyone had experience with the miniature routers that Rutlands (and
others, I suppose) sells? I'm specializing into small trinket boxes
(oak, walnut, utili, etc.) and this looks like it would be a very
useful tool IF it performs.

Thanx
FoggyTown

Posted to rec.woodworking
bremen68

Do you mean the small one hand type routers?

I borrowed my neighbors Porter Cable mini router. Worked like a charm
for the roundover work I was doing.

Posted to rec.woodworking
foggytown

bremen68 wrote:
Do you mean the small one hand type routers?

I borrowed my neighbors Porter Cable mini router. Worked like a charm
for the roundover work I was doing.

No, I mean the even smaller model-sized ones like this!

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/ps...ser::1,0,0,1::

Posted to rec.woodworking
Wuudchuck

I have a Dremel XPR 400 Series Rotary Tool, the 231 Shaper/Router Table,
and the 335 Plunge Router Attachment plus various small router bits. So
far the tool has been great for working on small projects.

--
http://wuudchuck.com - Free Woodworking Plans and More . . .

foggytown wrote:
Has anyone had experience with the miniature routers that Rutlands (and
others, I suppose) sells? I'm specializing into small trinket boxes
(oak, walnut, utili, etc.) and this looks like it would be a very
useful tool IF it performs.

Thanx
FoggyTown

Posted to rec.woodworking
Patrick

Proxxon makes some decent tools. I have a few pieces and they are very
accurate and well made in my opinion. They can get pricey but I think you
would be happy with them.

Patrick

Support your local Science Olympiad team and future engineer or scientist.
www.woodbythebundle.com

foggytown wrote:
Has anyone had experience with the miniature routers that Rutlands (and
others, I suppose) sells? I'm specializing into small trinket boxes
(oak, walnut, utili, etc.) and this looks like it would be a very
useful tool IF it performs.

Thanx
FoggyTown

Install basement dehumidifier? (power tools, tools, damp air) Thomas G. Marshall Woodworking 10 January 4th 06 06:12 PM
Cheapo Power Tools Magician UK diy 76 March 28th 05 10:59 PM
For peer review, new FAQ section: Power Tools. John Rumm UK diy 87 March 8th 05 09:43 PM
Quality Of Tools cisco kid UK diy 145 June 14th 04 01:56 PM