Posted to rec.woodworking
Gooey TARBALLS

Default DeWalt DW321 Sabre Saw Part Needed

I spent $169 on this barrel type saw and it worked fine 'till the cast foot
broke.

Yesterday, I went searching the DeWalt site for replacement prarts to find
they said it was NOT AVAILABLE and there were NO SUBSTITUTES!

Ayone have a source?

--
Please don't infer a "tone" to my messages. It is the nature of e-mail to be
perfunctory "short and to the point." In the instant case, the medium is not

Posted to rec.woodworking
AlohaCliff

Charles,

That may not necessarily be so. I had the same problem with a part for
a Dewalt sander. They called it obsolete. Then I did some checking
and found that they assign new model numbers to things that are
essentially the same, with some minor changes. I found a model number
of a sander that was almost identical to mine and looked up the part
number for the piece I needed. When it came it was the identical part
I needed. Give it a try, you may be surprised.

Cliff

Posted to rec.woodworking
eganders

I hope Cliff is right. I never guessed that parts for this saw would
would be unavailable. Let me know what you find.

Posted to rec.woodworking
New Wave Dave

http://www.dewaltservicenet.com
--
"New Wave" Dave In Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking
Gooey TARBALLS

Tried dewaltservicenet.com:

Subject
ServiceNet Question Saber Saw DW321

Discussion Thread
Response (Bob Capitani) 04/05/2006 04:08 PM
Thanks for the update.

Unfortunately, the shoe for the DW321 Type 1 is no longer available. I
did a search of our service centers nationwide and did not locate a single
part.

DEWALT maintains replacement parts for 5 years after a product has
been discontinued. After that time period, once the stock has been depleted,
if there is not sufficient enough demand, the inventory is not restocked.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. If your
question remains unresolved or if you require additional information please
update this incident.

Sincerely,

Bob Capitani

"New Wave Dave" wrote in message

"Gooey TARBALLS" wrote in message
I spent $169 on this barrel type saw and it worked fine 'till the cast
foot broke.

Yesterday, I went searching the DeWalt site for replacement prarts to
find they said it was NOT AVAILABLE and there were NO SUBSTITUTES!

Ayone have a source?

http://www.dewaltservicenet.com
--
"New Wave" Dave In Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking
eganders

Whoa! I still think of my DW621 as new. It was the first tool I
bought after I got into woodworking again Has it been discontinued for
5 years? There is hardly a mark on it and, if it is like my other good
tools, will still be working 30 years from now.

Hell, I can still get the carriage bearing for my Craftsman radial arm
saw.