Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Blanchard

Default OT - absolutely nothing to do with wood

Ba r r y wrote:

There are few things as elegant as the quiet mechanical music of a
freshly tuned road bike on a smooth, deserted country road, on a 68F
early spring afternoon.

Remember the scene in "The Wild One" where Brando is on a Triumph going
down the road between two rows of trees with a girl on the back?

Maybe you're not old enough, but I am.

Almost 70 and still riding :-).

--
It's turtles, all the way down
Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Blanchard

Ba r r y wrote:

Almost 70 and still riding :-).

So you totally understand!

Yep. Now if I could just afford one of those classic Triumphs :-).

--
It's turtles, all the way down
Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Blanchard

Ba r r y wrote:

Wanna' buy an award winning, old and rare Norton?**He's*trying*to*sell
it to pay for the new bike, as he can't part with his Ducati.

You're talking to a senior on Social Security - all I can do is
drool :-). But I did get to ride a Norton once, a long time ago.
Along with a Triumph, a Vincent, an Ariel, a BSA, a Royal Enfield, and
even a Velocette. Oh yes, and a real Indian.

My bike now is a (modified) '78 Yamaha SR500, their copy of the BSA Gold
Star. I've had it for over 20 years and never had the head off. Great
bike.

--
It's turtles, all the way down
Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

On 4/1/2006 11:57 AM Larry Blanchard mumbled something about the following:
Ba r r y wrote:

Almost 70 and still riding :-).

So you totally understand!

Yep. Now if I could just afford one of those classic Triumphs :-).

I've got a 74 Triumph Trident that I'm wanting to get rid of. Hasn't
been ridden since '78 and needs a lot of work to get it running.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

Odinn wrote:I've got a 74 Triumph Trident that I'm wanting to get rid
of. Hasn't
been ridden since '78 and needs a lot of work to get it running.

I wonder how easily parts are to obtain for her. It was tough
enough to get parts for my old '77 Yamaha 750. Still, a great bike, I
had an estimated 100,000 miles on her, after rebuilding her 3 times,
and crashing once(destroying the instrument cluster). Finally sold her.
I'm due for a new motorcycle...Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

On 4/2/2006 10:36 AM tom mumbled something about the following:
Odinn wrote:I've got a 74 Triumph Trident that I'm wanting to get rid
of. Hasn't
been ridden since '78 and needs a lot of work to get it running.

I wonder how easily parts are to obtain for her. It was tough
enough to get parts for my old '77 Yamaha 750. Still, a great bike, I
had an estimated 100,000 miles on her, after rebuilding her 3 times,
and crashing once(destroying the instrument cluster). Finally sold her.
I'm due for a new motorcycle...Tom

Old bike parts are virtually unobtainium, although, there are a few
places that carry NOS and reproduction parts for popular classic bikes.