Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

Default I'm outta' glue

"Ba r r y" wrote in message

Other than the extra $14, which I don't care about when amortized over
a bunch of projects, can anyone provide any reasons why I shouldn't
use TBIII for everything?

Go for it. I've been using III almost exclusively for the past year.
Although I do/did have a quart of II left over from previous projects and
have lately been using it up before I buy more III.

I like III for its longer open time and lower temperature range use ...
although the latter doesn't come in to play here in Texas very often, I
actually brought a bottle of II into the house night before last for use
yesterday morning due to unseasonably chilly weather.

I would not have felt the need with III.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Ba r r y" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 08:53:04 -0600, "Swingman" wrote:

Go for it. I've been using III almost exclusively for the past year.

Thanks!

I can read all the data sheets I want, but was hoping someone was
doing what I want to do. Just to be sure...

Barry

IMHO the shelf life may be shorter on the TBIII than with the TBII.. I had
to toss a small container of TBIII that was half full and was about the same
age as some TBII. Both were about 2 years old. Franklin sent me a case of
small bottles of TBIII and the last bottle went bad. If you are using a
gallon every 10 months you should not have a problem.

Posted to rec.woodworking
GeeDubb

"Leon" wrote in message
. com...

"Ba r r y" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 08:53:04 -0600, "Swingman" wrote:

Go for it. I've been using III almost exclusively for the past year.

Thanks!

I can read all the data sheets I want, but was hoping someone was
doing what I want to do. Just to be sure...

Barry

IMHO the shelf life may be shorter on the TBIII than with the TBII.. I
had to toss a small container of TBIII that was half full and was about
the same age as some TBII. Both were about 2 years old. Franklin sent me
a case of small bottles of TBIII and the last bottle went bad. If you are
using a gallon every 10 months you should not have a problem.

How did it go bad? I've used TBI and TBII that was several years old and
didn't experience any problems with bond strength. The only thing I did was
mix a little water back in to get the consistency right.... What am I
missing? Will the joints eventually fail?

which leads me to my experience with TBIII, the glue I bought was very thick
and difficult to spread. Is this usual? If not I'll water it down a tad
and see if it still works correctly.

Gary

Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"Ba r r y" wrote in message

I can read all the data sheets I want, but was hoping someone was
doing what I want to do. Just to be sure...

Barry

Not yet,. but I probably will. I like the GF2002 from Lee Valley for
interior work, but I sometimes need an outdoor glue. Why carry both when
one works well for everything?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"GeeDubb" wrote in message

How did it go bad? I've used TBI and TBII that was several years old and
didn't experience any problems with bond strength. The only thing I did
was mix a little water back in to get the consistency right.... What am I
missing? Will the joints eventually fail?

It got darker aroung the top of the glue and became hard.

which leads me to my experience with TBIII, the glue I bought was very
thick and difficult to spread. Is this usual? If not I'll water it down
a tad and see if it still works correctly.

I don't recall the glue being very thick however in the winter it is
thicker. TBII is almost too runny during the summer in Houston.