Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Nie

Default PING Mike O. re pocket door casing

Mike,
I assumed that the trim screws you referred to would be drywall screws.
Correct assumption?

Thanks
TomNie

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom Nie wrote:
Mike,
I assumed that the trim screws you referred to would be drywall screws.
Correct assumption?

Thanks
TomNie

might be these:
http://www.mcfeelys.com/subcat.asp?sid=239

Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

wrote in message
I assumed that the trim screws you referred to would be drywall screws.
Correct assumption?

I've always been under the assumption that trim screws were merely flat head
screws with smaller than normal heads.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Patriarch

"Upscale" wrote in
:

wrote in message
I assumed that the trim screws you referred to would be drywall
screws. Correct assumption?

I've always been under the assumption that trim screws were merely
flat head screws with smaller than normal heads.

Trimhead screws are something special. Generally smaller heads, Robertson
style, with a cut tip, to allow drilling without requiring a pilot hole.
Small sizes only, in my limited exposure to them.

Patriarch, who has only used a couple of hundred of them...
Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike O.

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 12:07:02 -0500, "Tom Nie"
wrote:

I assumed that the trim screws you referred to would be drywall screws.
Correct assumption?

Trim screws have a smaller head. The ones we use have are square
drive. You should be able to find them at any lumber yard or one of
the big box stores.

Mike O.