DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   PING Mike O. re pocket door casing (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/150517-ping-mike-o-re-pocket-door-casing.html)

Tom Nie March 24th 06 05:07 PM

PING Mike O. re pocket door casing

Mike,
I assumed that the trim screws you referred to would be drywall screws.
Correct assumption?

Thanks
TomNie

[email protected] March 24th 06 05:19 PM

Tom Nie wrote:
Mike,
I assumed that the trim screws you referred to would be drywall screws.
Correct assumption?

Thanks
TomNie

might be these:
http://www.mcfeelys.com/subcat.asp?sid=239

Upscale March 24th 06 05:29 PM

wrote in message
I assumed that the trim screws you referred to would be drywall screws.
Correct assumption?

I've always been under the assumption that trim screws were merely flat head
screws with smaller than normal heads.

Patriarch March 25th 06 01:03 AM

PING Mike O. re pocket door casing

"Upscale" wrote in
:

wrote in message
I assumed that the trim screws you referred to would be drywall
screws. Correct assumption?

I've always been under the assumption that trim screws were merely
flat head screws with smaller than normal heads.

Trimhead screws are something special. Generally smaller heads, Robertson
style, with a cut tip, to allow drilling without requiring a pilot hole.
Small sizes only, in my limited exposure to them.

Patriarch, who has only used a couple of hundred of them...

Mike O. March 25th 06 01:26 AM

PING Mike O. re pocket door casing

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 12:07:02 -0500, "Tom Nie"
wrote:

I assumed that the trim screws you referred to would be drywall screws.
Correct assumption?

Trim screws have a smaller head. The ones we use have are square
drive. You should be able to find them at any lumber yard or one of
the big box stores.

Mike O.