Posted to rec.woodworking
Dick Snyder

Default Looking for CD organizer plan

I am looking for a plan for a floor mounted CD organizer that will hold
200-300 CDs. I have been on every plan website I know about but haven't
found something that appeals to me. Does anyone have a site you can aim me
at where you have found a CD organizer that you built and liked?

TIA.

Dick Snyder

Posted to rec.woodworking
Bugs

Most woodworking magazines sell plastic snap-in CD racks. With them as
a basic building block, you can custom build any configuration you
want. I built a small [144 CD's] rack with Black walnut and Cherry that
looks very nice.
Bugs

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dick Snyder

Do you happen to have any pictures of what you did that you could either
post on alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking or email to me directly?

"Bugs" wrote in message
oups.com...
Most woodworking magazines sell plastic snap-in CD racks. With them as
a basic building block, you can custom build any configuration you
want. I built a small [144 CD's] rack with Black walnut and Cherry that
looks very nice.
Bugs

Posted to rec.woodworking
jtpr

Rip 'em all to a PC, plug it into your receiver, put the CD's in the
attic. Connect to it with remote destop and queue them up. Way to
go...

-jtpr

Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
I am looking for a plan for a floor mounted CD organizer that will hold
200-300 CDs. I have been on every plan website I know about but haven't
found something that appeals to me. Does anyone have a site you can aim me
at where you have found a CD organizer that you built and liked?

TIA.

Dick Snyder

Here is the one I made. Its for both DVD and CDs but you can arrange
shelves and heights to your liking.
Dave
http://www.teamcasa.org/workshop/ima...vd_Cabinet.jpg

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dick Snyder

I have thought about that. You might have the best CD organizer plan of all.
Do I need any kind of special sound card? I have a fairly modern Dell with
desk top speakers presumably driven by the default sound card. Do I need
something better in someway to feed sound into my receiver?
"jtpr" wrote in message
oups.com...
Rip 'em all to a PC, plug it into your receiver, put the CD's in the
attic. Connect to it with remote destop and queue them up. Way to
go...

-jtpr

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dick Snyder

Good suggestion. I actually started with 4 simple stacking wood boxes (2 on
the bottom and 2 on top of those) that I purchased cheaply at Target. Each
box holds 25 CDs or it can hold a double as well. Now I can't buy the boxes
anymore but perhaps just copying the design is the best way to
go...............

wrote in message
oups.com...

Dick Snyder wrote:
I am looking for a plan for a floor mounted CD organizer that will hold
200-300 CDs. I have been on every plan website I know about but haven't
found something that appeals to me. Does anyone have a site you can aim
me
at where you have found a CD organizer that you built and liked?

TIA.

Dick Snyder

This is a matter of personal taste, but I've always found that simple
shelves work best for storing CD's. Just line them up like books.
Plastic inserts to hold each CD individually take up more space, and
make it more difficult to remove and replace a CD. Plus, the handling
of double CD's is always an issue ... with plastic inserts, how do you
put a double CD in the correct order? From a woodworking standpoint,
it's no big deal to make a set of shelves that could be floor-standing
or wall-mounted. Holding a large music collection is always a
challenge. Whatever you decide on, figure on a way that will allow for
expansion.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett

Dick Snyder wrote:

I am looking for a plan for a floor mounted CD organizer that will hold
200-300 CDs. I have been on every plan website I know about but haven't
found something that appeals to me. Does anyone have a site you can

aim me
at where you have found a CD organizer that you built and liked?

Not a floor mount, not free, but NYW has plan I bought, then modified to
include 3 additional drawers for DVDs. (6 CD & 3 DVD = 9 total)

NYW basic design is for about 200 200 CDs.

Construction is about to start.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking
Dick Snyder

Thanks. After getting many very good ideas I have decided to forgo a wood
solution at all. I am going to rip all my CDs to my PC which I can easily
connect to my stereo and the CDs will go to the attic.

"bf" wrote in message
ups.com...

Dick Snyder wrote:
I am looking for a plan for a floor mounted CD organizer that will hold
200-300 CDs. I have been on every plan website I know about but haven't
found something that appeals to me. Does anyone have a site you can aim
me
at where you have found a CD organizer that you built and liked?

TIA.

Dick Snyder

I know this isn't what you asked for, but if you have that many CDs,
you might consider getting those Binders that have pages that hold 4
CDs/DVDs per page. It's been a godsend at our house. Every kid has
their own book, and it organizes the PC games too.
Then you just need room for a few books.

I'm only bringing it up as an alternative, because other posters have
given excellent ideas on your orginal design.

S Plan or Y Plan W UK diy 9 November 9th 05 01:24 PM
The End of Pensions -- But Keep Voting for Republicans as You Spend Your Golden Years in a Cardboard Box on the Street Cliff Metalworking 175 November 7th 05 08:17 PM
Plans Tom Watson Woodworking 4 August 23rd 03 03:57 AM