Posted to rec.woodworking
Dick Snyder

Default Looking for CD organizer plan

Good suggestion. I actually started with 4 simple stacking wood boxes (2 on
the bottom and 2 on top of those) that I purchased cheaply at Target. Each
box holds 25 CDs or it can hold a double as well. Now I can't buy the boxes
anymore but perhaps just copying the design is the best way to
go...............

wrote in message
oups.com...

Dick Snyder wrote:
I am looking for a plan for a floor mounted CD organizer that will hold
200-300 CDs. I have been on every plan website I know about but haven't
found something that appeals to me. Does anyone have a site you can aim
me
at where you have found a CD organizer that you built and liked?

TIA.

Dick Snyder

This is a matter of personal taste, but I've always found that simple
shelves work best for storing CD's. Just line them up like books.
Plastic inserts to hold each CD individually take up more space, and
make it more difficult to remove and replace a CD. Plus, the handling
of double CD's is always an issue ... with plastic inserts, how do you
put a double CD in the correct order? From a woodworking standpoint,
it's no big deal to make a set of shelves that could be floor-standing
or wall-mounted. Holding a large music collection is always a
challenge. Whatever you decide on, figure on a way that will allow for
expansion.