Posted to rec.woodworking
Jimmy

Default Snipe re-visited

After all the info the group was kind enough to give me about snipe, I told
my friend to try raising the board at the beginning and end. Today I picked
up this months FWW and in it is a article called "Shopmade Planer Table"
that's adjustable and "raises" each end of the board, in and out. It
basically says exactly what Leon and the rest of you said!

Thanks again

Posted to rec.woodworking
George

"Jimmy" wrote in message
t...
After all the info the group was kind enough to give me about snipe, I
told my friend to try raising the board at the beginning and end. Today I
picked up this months FWW and in it is a article called "Shopmade Planer
Table" that's adjustable and "raises" each end of the board, in and out.
It basically says exactly what Leon and the rest of you said!

Sheesh, they must have visited our school woodshop. Set that Grizzly up
that way long time ago. Leading snipe works same way.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Jimmy" wrote in message
t...
After all the info the group was kind enough to give me about snipe, I
told my friend to try raising the board at the beginning and end. Today I
picked up this months FWW and in it is a article called "Shopmade Planer
Table" that's adjustable and "raises" each end of the board, in and out.
It basically says exactly what Leon and the rest of you said!

Thanks again

I simply hold the far ends up higher. I don't worry with table height.

A way to avoid snipe? Jimmy Woodworking 9 March 19th 06 02:03 PM
Jointer Use - Tips? vernal888 Woodworking 14 November 12th 05 09:44 AM
Jointer Question Gerald Lasco Woodworking 21 June 20th 05 10:55 PM
OT - Visited links Hank Metalworking 2 April 13th 05 06:38 AM
DW 733 snipe problem and cause? Wes Stewart Woodworking 7 September 4th 04 05:32 PM