Posted to rec.woodworking

Default need miniature power tools!

have seen 2 companies that sell those tiny power tools,but i can't
afford the high prices as i need several of them.Bin using my big
standart ones,but due to illness lately have trouble to handle the power
to make tiny detailed crafts,and had a few very close calls.
Is there a forum or place that sell them used or lower then the micro
mark company.If anyone know's of such,please send me e mail.MD

Posted to rec.woodworking
Clint

A quick Google search for "model making small wood power tools" turns up
numerous links, like:
http://www.micromark.com/
http://www.cwrr.com/nmra/Manb-Tool.html

Clint

wrote in message
have seen 2 companies that sell those tiny power tools,but i can't
afford the high prices as i need several of them.Bin using my big
standart ones,but due to illness lately have trouble to handle the power
to make tiny detailed crafts,and had a few very close calls.
Is there a forum or place that sell them used or lower then the micro
mark company.If anyone know's of such,please send me e mail.MD

Posted to rec.woodworking
Locutus

"Clint" wrote in message
A quick Google search for "model making small wood power tools" turns up
numerous links, like:
http://www.micromark.com/
http://www.cwrr.com/nmra/Manb-Tool.html

Clint

Reading peoples posts is just as important as posters DAGS.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Clint

My apologies for not being perfect. If you'd like, I can forward my wife's
e-mail address to you, and you can let her know that it's unanimous.

More seriously, if you looked at the links I posted, the second one had
numerous other vendors and manufacturer's which might assist in finding
lower cost tools. And other links on that page lead to clubs of model
railroad builder's, which would probably lead to forums of users, which
could lead to used equipment...

Clint

"Locutus" wrote in message

"Clint" wrote in message
A quick Google search for "model making small wood power tools" turns up
numerous links, like:
http://www.micromark.com/
http://www.cwrr.com/nmra/Manb-Tool.html

Clint

Reading peoples posts is just as important as posters DAGS.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Too_Many_Tools

Might I suggest that you sell your larger tools so you can buy the
smaller ones?

If you have truly had several "very close calls", that is life's way of
suggesting that you change your ways.

Cutting one's thumb off on a table saw is not a good way to start the
day.

Good luck with your efforts.

TMT

Posted to rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

Lobby Dosser wrote:

Which power tools? If you are looking for quality 'table saws', lathes,
shapers, etc, they are all fairly expensive. Example: a high quality saw
will run $400.00+. e-bay is a good place to start, as used equipment
often turns up there. Search on "Minicraft" or "Proxon" (either google

I have that table saw. Very nice. Fence blows, though, and so does the
miter gauge. I just saw they have a 0.020" kerf blade for it that I'd like.

er
--
email not valid
Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

Enoch Root wrote:

Lobby Dosser wrote:

Which power tools? If you are looking for quality 'table saws',
lathes, shapers, etc, they are all fairly expensive. Example: a high
quality saw will run $400.00+. e-bay is a good place to start, as
used equipment often turns up there. Search on "Minicraft" or
"Proxon" (either google

I have that table saw. Very nice. Fence blows, though, and so does
the miter gauge. I just saw they have a 0.020" kerf blade for it that
I'd like.

er

Which one? Minicraft makes one and Proxxon makes two. Here's the one I
Really want. So far, price is all that's holding me back:

http://www.byrnesmodelmachines.com/index.html?id_mm=0105MM362063
Posted to rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

Lobby Dosser wrote:
Enoch Root wrote:

Lobby Dosser wrote:

Which power tools? If you are looking for quality 'table saws',
lathes, shapers, etc, they are all fairly expensive. Example: a high
quality saw will run $400.00+. e-bay is a good place to start, as
used equipment often turns up there. Search on "Minicraft" or
"Proxon" (either google

I have that table saw. Very nice. Fence blows, though, and so does
the miter gauge. I just saw they have a 0.020" kerf blade for it that
I'd like.

er

Which one? Minicraft makes one and Proxxon makes two. Here's the one I
Really want. So far, price is all that's holding me back:

http://www.byrnesmodelmachines.com/index.html?id_mm=0105MM362063

I have the "big" Proxxon:

URL:http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.asp?MerchantID=RET01229&Action=Catalog&Type=P roduct&ID=80463

Once you have the wood/brass/aluminum/acrylic stable, the cut is very clean.

er
--
email not valid

Posted to rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

Lobby Dosser wrote:
Enoch Root wrote:

Lobby Dosser wrote:

Which power tools? If you are looking for quality 'table saws',
lathes, shapers, etc, they are all fairly expensive. Example: a high
quality saw will run $400.00+. e-bay is a good place to start, as
used equipment often turns up there. Search on "Minicraft" or
"Proxon" (either google

I have that table saw. Very nice. Fence blows, though, and so does
the miter gauge. I just saw they have a 0.020" kerf blade for it that
I'd like.

er

Which one? Minicraft makes one and Proxxon makes two. Here's the one I
Really want. So far, price is all that's holding me back:

http://www.byrnesmodelmachines.com/index.html?id_mm=0105MM362063

That's a nice looking saw... I like the guard (don't like Proxxon's),
and it looks like the fence and miter are better, too. How much is it?

FYI, I posted a link to the microlux table saw, but it's just a rebadge
of the Proxxon. Mine's the Proxxon (green) version.

er
--
email not valid
Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

Enoch Root wrote:

Lobby Dosser wrote:
Enoch Root wrote:

Lobby Dosser wrote:

Which power tools? If you are looking for quality 'table saws',
lathes, shapers, etc, they are all fairly expensive. Example: a high
quality saw will run $400.00+. e-bay is a good place to start, as
used equipment often turns up there. Search on "Minicraft" or
"Proxon" (either google

I have that table saw. Very nice. Fence blows, though, and so does
the miter gauge. I just saw they have a 0.020" kerf blade for it
that I'd like.

er

Which one? Minicraft makes one and Proxxon makes two. Here's the one
I Really want. So far, price is all that's holding me back:

http://www.byrnesmodelmachines.com/index.html?id_mm=0105MM362063

I have the "big" Proxxon:

URL:http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares...ntID=RET01229&
Action=Catalog&Type=Product&ID=80463

I've lusted after that one now and then.

Once you have the wood/brass/aluminum/acrylic stable, the cut is very
clean.

er

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

Enoch Root wrote:

Lobby Dosser wrote:
Enoch Root wrote:

Lobby Dosser wrote:

Which power tools? If you are looking for quality 'table saws',
lathes, shapers, etc, they are all fairly expensive. Example: a high
quality saw will run $400.00+. e-bay is a good place to start, as
used equipment often turns up there. Search on "Minicraft" or
"Proxon" (either google

I have that table saw. Very nice. Fence blows, though, and so does
the miter gauge. I just saw they have a 0.020" kerf blade for it
that I'd like.

er

Which one? Minicraft makes one and Proxxon makes two. Here's the one
I Really want. So far, price is all that's holding me back:

http://www.byrnesmodelmachines.com/index.html?id_mm=0105MM362063

That's a nice looking saw... I like the guard (don't like Proxxon's),
and it looks like the fence and miter are better, too. How much is
it?

$440.00 - plus extras. IIRC, it weighs about 30 pounds. He also does a
thickness sander for $340 and a very reasonably priced draw plate. Poke
around his site a bit more and look at the reviews.

FYI, I posted a link to the microlux table saw, but it's just a
rebadge of the Proxxon. Mine's the Proxxon (green) version.

er

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf

Lobby Dosser wrote:

http://www.byrnesmodelmachines.com/index.html?id_mm=0105MM362063

$440.00 - plus extras. IIRC, it weighs about 30 pounds. He also does a
thickness sander for $340 and a very reasonably priced draw plate. Poke
around his site a bit more and look at the reviews.

I've been looking for something like that sander for years. I wonder
if it has enough power to handle the full 6" width. There'd be a
ridge from between the belts, but I could deal with that.

-Leuf
Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

Leuf wrote:

Lobby Dosser wrote:

http://www.byrnesmodelmachines.com/index.html?id_mm=0105MM362063

$440.00 - plus extras. IIRC, it weighs about 30 pounds. He also does a
thickness sander for $340 and a very reasonably priced draw plate.
Poke around his site a bit more and look at the reviews.

I've been looking for something like that sander for years. I wonder
if it has enough power to handle the full 6" width. There'd be a
ridge from between the belts, but I could deal with that.

-Leuf

IIRC, the review said you could do full width. The review of the saw said
it ripped 3/4" beech and maple with no strain and no burning. I think
this guy builds Solid tools. I imagine if he scaled them up you'd be
looking at 10x the price.

Install basement dehumidifier? (power tools, tools, damp air) Thomas G. Marshall Woodworking 10 January 4th 06 06:12 PM
WTB: Pre-owned american made power and hand tools USENET READER Woodworking 0 March 31st 05 06:48 AM
Cheapo Power Tools Magician UK diy 76 March 28th 05 10:59 PM
For peer review, new FAQ section: Power Tools. John Rumm UK diy 87 March 8th 05 09:43 PM
Quality Of Tools cisco kid UK diy 145 June 14th 04 01:56 PM