Posted to rec.woodworking
Connor Aston

Default Double Settee Plan

I have just ordered this plan.
http://www.rockler.com/findit.cfm?pa...0&cookietest=1
cost me $13.95 and another $25 to send to Ireland PHEW!
I could get to the moon for that. Anyway has anyone any tips for building
this.
And suggestions or ammendments?
Regards
Connor
Posted to rec.woodworking
wheelzuk

I agree Connor, over this side of the pond we have very few outlets for decent plans, I'm in Edinburgh, however, $25 for postage? I'd have happily gone and collected it for you, had I known you were ordering! ha ha

Happy St Patrick's Day for 17th March, I'll be using 'green wood' exclusively that day! ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking
wheelzuk

I find myself embarrassingly responding to my first impulsive mailing to the group earlier. I felt a little uneasy that I'd not taken time to introduce myself, despite 'lurking' in the group for some days now.

I'm John from Edinburgh, Scotland, a very keen amateur woodworker/cabinetmaker and also a wheelchair user. This brings it's own issues, mainly, safety (often no more than 4-5 inches from work in hand), innovation and planning. However, I've already benefited massively from the many internet links you've provided and thanks for that.

I come to woodwork mainly thanks to Norm Abrahm and The New Yankee Workshop, shown on Discovery on cable in the UK and also a personal need to adapt fixtures and furniture to suit needs as a wheelchair user. I'd initially joined to enquire what a dado was, but found the answers on links provided by other members.

It's fantastic to know that such a newsgroup exists and I shall be visiting regularly and contributing whenever I feel I can make a valued comment or suggestion.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Connor Aston

I lived in Edinburgh for 7 years and Know it well. Ended up in Cockenzie
for the last 2.

It's fantastic to know that such a newsgroup exists and I shall be
visiting regularly and contributing whenever I feel I can make a valued
comment or suggestion.

%69%20%6c%6f%76%65%20%77%6f%6f%64%77%6f%72%6b%69%6 e%67%20%62%75%74%20%69%6d%20%63%72%61%70
http://www.connoraston.com
Posted to rec.woodworking
Renowood

This plan is from WOOD magazine #125. The issue has full size patterns
and instructions. There is a matching Adirondack chair in WOOD #149.

Go to
http://www.woodmagazine.com/wood/sto.../125settee.xml

Renowood

Posted to rec.woodworking
Woody

Connor Aston wrote:
I have just ordered this plan.
http://www.rockler.com/findit.cfm?pa...0&cookietest=1
cost me $13.95 and another $25 to send to Ireland PHEW!
I could get to the moon for that. Anyway has anyone any tips for
building this.
And suggestions or ammendments?
Regards
Connor

Connor:

You *may* get some additional insights from the single adirondack plans
(free) at: http://www.internetwoodworking.com/w5/chair.html

~Mark.