Posted to rec.woodworking
dnoyeB

Default Lotsa Work

I am *still* working on my stereo cabinet. Admittedly not daily. This
stuff takes serious time.

Last night I finished the face frame. Well almost as it needs light
sanding then another coat of poly. Then I need to cut and stain and
poly the back I forgot to attach. I wonder if I should have just nailed
in some of that fancy solid cardboardy lookin stuff you always see on
the back of stereo cabinets.

Now I need to cut about 3 shelves, cut some end pieces to glue over the
edges since the shelves are plywood. Stail. Poly. Then I need to make
the door. Cut holes in the cabinet for heat and power coards which I
probably should have done before I put on the stain and poly.

On the bright side its looking good. I need to take pictures. But I
spent all my money on tools...The stereo is on its way so I gotta get
this done over the weekend.

People that get paid to make cabinets and furniture deserve what they
get. This is lotsa work.

--
Thank you,

Posted to rec.woodworking

"People that get paid to make cabinets and furniture deserve what they
get. This is lotsa work."

Yeah, but think how much faster you'll be able to make the NEXT one.

And the bragging rights never expire. :-)

Posted to rec.woodworking
N Hurst

"Yeah, but think how much faster you'll be able to make the NEXT one."

An axiom I learned in programming applies in many aspects of life:

The best time to start a project is just after you finish it.

I'm working on an entertainment center myself, and it's been a constant
learning experience, for around 2.5 months. Bleh. At least I'm within a
few weeks of finishing, though. :-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Pah. That's nothing. MY stereo cabinet is going on 2 years

Posted to rec.woodworking
dnoyeB

N Hurst wrote:
"Yeah, but think how much faster you'll be able to make the NEXT one."

An axiom I learned in programming applies in many aspects of life:

The best time to start a project is just after you finish it.

I'm working on an entertainment center myself, and it's been a constant
learning experience, for around 2.5 months. Bleh. At least I'm within a
few weeks of finishing, though. :-)

that 'finishing' can take a while

--
Thank you,

Plagiarism Kirk Woodturning 118 March 9th 05 12:04 PM
How to find a good contractor? Alexander Galkin Home Repair 34 March 1st 05 05:06 PM
Electrical work - would inspector check previously done work? Himanshu Home Repair 4 January 23rd 05 07:04 PM
Moisture Cure Urethane (Moisture Cured Urethane) Moshe Woodworking 6 September 5th 03 05:50 PM
Garage Door Work question Rich Greenberg Home Ownership 0 August 6th 03 01:12 AM