Posted to rec.woodworking
ger

Default bookcase plans

I am looking for bookcase plans that anyone might might be willing to
share. It is to be a wall mounted bookcase, something unique, something
I can build without having to design.

Anyone out there know of such plans?

Thanks

Ger

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Jackson

Nail 4 boards together into a square and add a board in the middle for a
shelf. Then nail a piece of plywood to the back and hang on the wall.
NEXT...... --dave

"ger" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am looking for bookcase plans that anyone might might be willing to
share. It is to be a wall mounted bookcase, something unique, something
I can build without having to design.

Anyone out there know of such plans?

Thanks

Ger

Posted to rec.woodworking

Another great crapsman or wood butcher obviously. "Gee honey I really need
the $1500 table saw to do this. )
"Dave Jackson" wrote in news:Nq4Pf.7798$S25.6307
@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Nail 4 boards together into a square and add a board in the middle for a
shelf. Then nail a piece of plywood to the back and hang on the wall.
NEXT...... --dave

"ger" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am looking for bookcase plans that anyone might might be willing to
share. It is to be a wall mounted bookcase, something unique, something
I can build without having to design.

Anyone out there know of such plans?

Thanks

Ger

Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael White

ger wrote:

I am looking for bookcase plans that anyone might might be willing to
share. It is to be a wall mounted bookcase, something unique, something
I can build without having to design.

Anyone out there know of such plans?

Thanks

Ger

How fancy do you want to get? Doors with lead glass windows? Painted or
stained? Wood or MDF? You're going to have to bound us here.

I'm in the process of building one now. It's not too bad to do. To add a
little bit of uniqueness, you just add space. For example, use a router to
cut arches in the legs and front like I did. Or make vertical slots in the
legs. Look around for shapes that appeal to you and route them in.

BTW, just beware that once you start making cuts like that, the legs are no
longer symmetrical. I have two right legs for my bookcase .
--
Michael White "To protect people from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools." -Herbert Spencer
Posted to rec.woodworking
George

"ger" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am looking for bookcase plans that anyone might might be willing to
share. It is to be a wall mounted bookcase, something unique, something
I can build without having to design.

Anyone out there know of such plans?

Guessing you want a display case with some place for books, which differs
from a bookcase. A bookcase has shelves sized to the books, not eleven
inches wide, and an interval that allows 3/4" of finger space above, not
enough for your HS basketball trophy. Shelves of 3/4 material span no more
than 30" unsupported, and are housed in dados in the uprights. A kick
underneath and a cornice at the top add character, the rest works for a
living.

Used book store might have Sunset's book on built-ins.
http://www.usenet-replayer.com/group...odworking.html
has some posted recently.

The End of Pensions -- But Keep Voting for Republicans as You Spend Your Golden Years in a Cardboard Box on the Street Cliff Metalworking 175 November 7th 05 08:17 PM
rec.woodworking ANTI-FAQ Part 6 of 10 - Plans Luigi Zanasi Woodworking 0 April 1st 05 08:30 AM
Bookcase plans online? Ron P Home Repair 2 January 10th 05 04:30 PM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Plans Tom Watson Woodworking 4 August 23rd 03 03:57 AM