Posted to rec.woodworking
Connor Aston

Default Festool DOMINO?

Festool DOMINO? Has anyone used this system yet?
http://www.festool.co.uk/artikel/art...ten.cfm?id=372
I think its just new out looks rather good. Any thoughts or comments
Connor

%69%20%6c%6f%76%65%20%77%6f%6f%64%77%6f%72%6b%69%6 e%67%20%62%75%74%20%69%6d%20%63%72%61%70
http://www.connoraston.com
Posted to rec.woodworking
marc rosen

Hello Connor,
I'm sold on the Rotex sander and vacuum system. I'm finishing off the
interior of my log home and addition - T&G pine walls and ceiling - and
the minimal dust it produces is a marvel to behold. The other tools in
their arsenal look interesting but I'm not ready to trade up or off my
other good quality power tools for theirs just because they have the
dust extraction feature built in.
If I were to buy tools fresh, just starting out, I would be more
motivated to get Festools because I like a lot of the conveniences they
have built in to their sytem.

Marc

Posted to rec.woodworking
Connor Aston

it was really he DOMINO Jointing System that I was talking about have sent
away fo the cd/dvd to see what it losok like.
Semms a variation on the biscuit and dowel systems.
Posted to rec.woodworking
marc rosen

Hello again Connor,
I misinterpreted your subject line. I thought you intended it be "the
Festool domino effect" where you buy one tool and get hooked to buying
the entire line. Sorry 'bout that.
Marc

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Drackman

"Connor Aston" wrote in message
newsp.s5zgs3grqkab0d@vigor13...
Festool DOMINO? Has anyone used this system yet?
http://www.festool.co.uk/artikel/art...ten.cfm?id=372
I think its just new out looks rather good. Any thoughts or comments
Connor

%69%20%6c%6f%76%65%20%77%6f%6f%64%77%6f%72%6b%69%6 e%67%20%62%75%74%20%69%6d%20%63%72%61%70
http://www.connoraston.com

Have you joined the Festool group on Yahoo? I think that it is great
resource. If I were starting out I would look seriously at their system.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

"marc rosen" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello again Connor,
I misinterpreted your subject line. I thought you intended it be "the
Festool domino effect" where you buy one tool and get hooked to buying
the entire line. Sorry 'bout that.
Marc

I thought that was the Lee Valley Effect.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

"Connor Aston" wrote in message
newsp.s5zgs3grqkab0d@vigor13...
Festool DOMINO? Has anyone used this system yet?
http://www.festool.co.uk/artikel/art...ten.cfm?id=372
I think its just new out looks rather good. Any thoughts or comments
Connor

Looks interesting. It is a loose tenon system using a high tech biscut
jointer designed to cut their style of holes. I can see some shops that
could really use something like this.

Any idea what this thing costs?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

"jimbo" wrote

Actually, the Domino system is not available in the US yet, although I
have heard rumblings that a few Europeam versions are in the hands of some
of the Festool sales managers. Apparently the problem is that Festool
can't make them fast enough for the European market.

Any idea of the cost of this system?

Posted to rec.woodworking
charlie b

Lee Michaels wrote:

Any idea what this thing costs?

Given the price of their other hand held power
tools, I'm betting it will be on the other side
of $400 US and can only use their special
bits - and perhaps their dowels, biscuits and
"loose tenons" - following the US shaving
"systems" business model.

There are many advantages to using "loose'
tenon joinery, and many ways of making
the mortises in both parts, this has the
apparent simplicity of a biscuit joiner
but the strength advantage of longer,
beefier loose tenons.

Like Veritas, but on a grander scale, when
Festool looks at a common hand held power
woodworking tool, they throw most of the
book away and start with a nearly blank
piece of paper. What comes out the other
end looks familiar but off, works a little
differently, like the Dewalt 621, takes a
little getting used to - and then does the
job better and easier than any of its
predecessors - at a considerably higher
price of course.

This one looks like another Festool winner,
for those with deeper pockets than mine.
Would be interesting to play with though.

Watch out Lamello, there's a new kid on
the high end of the block - and he may
be coming to steel you're candy.

Thanks for making the group aware of
another potentially great tool.

charlie b

BTW - used the bullet catch strike plates
yet?
Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Has anybody figured out how much they want for the thing? I haven't seen a
price.

"Connor Aston" wrote in message
newsp.s5zpewqrqkab0d@dellman...
it was really he DOMINO Jointing System that I was talking about have sent
away fo the cd/dvd to see what it losok like.
Semms a variation on the biscuit and dowel systems.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article et,
"CW" wrote:

Has anybody figured out how much they want for the thing? I haven't seen a
price.

All I could find, so far is this

http://tinyurl.com/rjpzf

I think that would make it around $ 700.00 US IOW.. Lamello TOP
territory.
I used to be huge supporter of the Lamello going back to when it's all
there was.
Now with the PC 557 on the market, who needs to blow that kind of money?
And what does the DOMINO do that the 557 doesn't?
Okay... maybe a somewhat stronger joint, but I don't want to get married
to Festool for consumables.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"jimbo" wrote

Actually, the Domino system is not available in the US yet, although I
have heard rumblings that a few Europeam versions are in the hands of
some of the Festool sales managers. Apparently the problem is that
Festool can't make them fast enough for the European market.

Any idea of the cost of this system?

Way too much if they cannot build them fast enough.
In Houston new Corvettes start at $10,000 over sticker.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Bradford Chaucer

Agreed, the PC 557 is a good biscuit joiner. As to strength of a biscuit
joint, if you are in any danger of breaking a properly biscuited joint, you
got troubles that no joining system is going to solve for you!!!

Now with the PC 557 on the market, who needs to blow that kind of money?
And what does the DOMINO do that the 557 doesn't?
Okay... maybe a somewhat stronger joint, but I don't want to get married
to Festool for consumables.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Connor Aston

Found it for 1207,80 AUD which makes it 510 UK pounds and about $890 US
dollars
Well I'm getting the CD/DVD and will let you know my thoughts.

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 03:39:45 -0000, CW wrote:

That comes out to about $895.00. Pretty spendy.

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article et,
"CW" wrote:

Has anybody figured out how much they want for the thing? I haven't

seen

price.

All I could find, so far is this

http://tinyurl.com/rjpzf

I think that would make it around $ 700.00 US IOW.. Lamello TOP
territory.
I used to be huge supporter of the Lamello going back to when it's all
there was.
Now with the PC 557 on the market, who needs to blow that kind of money?
And what does the DOMINO do that the 557 doesn't?
Okay... maybe a somewhat stronger joint, but I don't want to get married
to Festool for consumables.

%69%20%6c%6f%76%65%20%77%6f%6f%64%77%6f%72%6b%69%6 e%67%20%62%75%74%20%69%6d%20%63%72%61%70
http://www.connoraston.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
jo4hn

Connor Aston wrote:
Festool DOMINO? [snip]

I liked his rendition of "Blueberry Hill".

somebody had to do it,
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking
Connor Aston

No chance yet with the catches will kepp you updated.
connor

BTW - used the bullet catch strike plates
yet?

Forrest Saw Blade for Festool TS 55 circular plungs saw test Rumpty Woodworking 0 February 3rd 06 08:10 PM
Fein or Festool Profile Sander Creekbuster Woodworking 13 October 9th 05 08:01 PM
Festool Oldun Woodworking 1 July 27th 05 02:32 PM
Dovetail Jig: which one---Leigh - Keller - Woodrat - Festool? [email protected] Woodworking 6 May 23rd 05 07:43 PM
Power tools in Europe (long) Christian Aufreiter Woodworking 23 October 17th 03 10:44 AM