Posted to rec.woodworking
Robert Bonomi

Default Who owns the rec?

In article ,
Tim Douglass wrote:
On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 13:09:14 +0000 (UTC), "Connor Aston"
wrote:

A cabal is a number of persons united in some close design, usually to
promote their private views and interests in a church, state, or other
community by intrigue. Cabals are secret organizations composed of a few
designing persons; a political cabal is often called a junta. The term can
also be used to refer to the designs of such persons. The term also holds
a general meaning of intrigue and conspiracy. Its usage carries strong
connotations of shadowy corners and insidious influence; a cabal is more
evil and selective than, say, a faction, which is simply selfish. Because
of this negative connotation, few organizations use the term to refer to
themselves or their internal subdivisions. Among the exceptions is
Discordianism, in which the term is used to refer to an identifiable group
within the Discordian tradition.

I use a Cabal modem....

You wouldn't believe the problems that can show up as a result of using
a Cabal Madam.

--
a modem is a baudy house
Posted to rec.woodworking
jo4hn

Pig wrote:
If you can't stand the byzantine intrigue, perhaps you should get out
of the cabal....

mutt

there is no cabal...
Posted to rec.woodworking
Connor Aston

If you could find my mind I'd be happy to let you play with it.

This is Usenet. This group is not moderated.
It was started by petition and review, but don't know by whom.

Gee, thanks. Now nobody gets to play with his mind.

%69%20%6c%6f%76%65%20%77%6f%6f%64%77%6f%72%6b%69%6 e%67%20%62%75%74%20%69%6d%20%63%72%61%70
http://www.connoraston.com
Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 06:49:11 +0000 (UTC), "Connor Aston"
wrote:

If you could find my mind I'd be happy to let you play with it.

Shouldn't let things that small out by themselves.

[Sorry, that was just too good to pass up. :-) ]

This is Usenet. This group is not moderated.
It was started by petition and review, but don't know by whom.

Gee, thanks. Now nobody gets to play with his mind.

%69%20%6c%6f%76%65%20%77%6f%6f%64%77%6f%72%6b%69% 6e%67%20%62%75%74%20%69%6d%20%63%72%61%70
http://www.connoraston.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy

Greg wrote in
:

Ralph E Lindberg said:

Apparently it was created in Feb of 1987 as a part of the "Great
Renaming"

I became curious about the Charter for the wRECk after Connor's
question and poked around for the original RFD. I didn't find it.
I failed, and for this am destined to remain a GIT in perpetuity.

Ralph's mention of the "Great Renaming" gives you the hint. RFD's,
charters, and FAQs didn't come into existance until after the
renaming, so any group which existed at that time won't have one.

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

Upscale wrote:
"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message

Why do people talk about being a member of a
newsgroup? I read several, but I don't consider
myself a member of any newsgroup any more than I
consider myself a member of a newspaper that read
or a member of a grocery store where I buy
groceries even if I do talk to the clerks.

Because to the greatest extent, you don't contribute much to a newspaper or
a grocery store aside from a little money. A newsgroup you partake in it's
activities by leaving messages as you are right now.

I think it is from analogy to various bulletin boards that do have
'membership' of a sort.

--

FF

Who owns my Electricity Meter? [email protected] UK diy 9 December 11th 05 02:39 AM
Who owns what? Martin Carroll UK diy 37 September 16th 05 07:35 AM
eScrew OWNS YOU!!! [email protected] Metalworking 7 December 22nd 04 09:47 PM
Who Makes What Tools Gunner Metalworking 7 March 27th 04 10:00 PM