Posted to rec.woodworking
Phisherman

Default recommend router table

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 20:17:37 -0600, Tim wrote:

Hi All,

I need a good router table that will stand up to light-2-moderate useage.
I'm really don't want to go over $200-250 if I can possibly help it.

What brand/model would you folks recommend?

Tim

That's not enough for a router table, although you can build a decent
one for that money. For a poor-man's table, you can use a piece of
ply with a hole in the middle and clamp on a straight edge. I built a
router table and used Norm's plan with a few custom modifications.
Building it was a fun project. I put an extra electrical outlet on
the front of the cabinet which proved to be very useful. All these
parts add up; probably spent around $300.

A sheet of 3/4" ply, $60
A sheet of MDF, $35
Router plate, $50
Switch, outlets, wiring, electrical boxes, plates, $35
PVC pipe, $12
Miter track, $40
Leveling feet, $8
One pair drawer slides, $25
Oak (for trim), $25
Laminate and contact cement, $25
1/4" Plexiglass, $10
Magnet catches for Plexiglass, $3
Scrap wood pieces
Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

"Phisherman" wrote in message

you can use a piece of
ply with a hole in the middle and clamp on a straight edge.

Thus you will have the same router table as most commercial shops do. Or,
you can spend up to a thousand dollars for an amateur table.