Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

Default recommend router table

If you have a table saw you can do what I did. You can use your table saw
fence as your router table fence. As much as I would like to take credit
for the idea, it is very common in the small woodshop. Heck, David Marks
does the same thing.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/woodshop.htm

It will cost you well under your $200 budget.

If you are going to build your own table, I highly recommend an aluminum
plate (will support the heaviest of routers with no warping).

I bought this one: http://www.woodpeck.com/aluminsert.html It is a good
idea to buy it first and build your router table top around it, not the
other way around.

good luck with our decision.

--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

Clicking on the right side of the table saw should bring up this:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/router_page.htm

--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com
(Featuring a NEW look)

Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

good luck with our decision.

I'm such a goof. That was supposed to be Your decision, not our decision.
My Y didn't work, and I don't know WHY.

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

Stoutman mis-typed: good luck with our decision.

I thought it was appropos. Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

"stoutman" .@. wrote in message
m...
If you have a table saw you can do what I did. You can use your table saw
fence as your router table fence. As much as I would like to take credit
for the idea, it is very common in the small woodshop. Heck, David Marks
does the same thing.

I have built one like that.
When I used a featherboard attached to the fence to keep some stock down, I
had a problem of it pushing the fence up. It is fine sideways, but being
clamped to the table saw fence, it is just too easy to rotate.
I don't know what to do about that, except maybe clamping the router fence
to the table once I have it in the right position.
Anyone else have this problem?

router table repost Art Ransom Woodworking 1 March 19th 05 03:44 PM
Router table Art Ransom Woodworking 2 March 18th 05 11:10 PM
"Stoopid" Simple Router Table Extension [email protected] Woodworking 0 March 7th 05 07:35 PM
Which type of router to use in a table? busbus Woodworking 14 December 4th 04 02:56 PM
Router Table Top Questions Max Mahanke Woodworking 1 May 10th 04 07:12 PM