Posted to rec.woodworking
bent

Default Ball head/ spring-tanged hole fasteners: where WTB?

I am going to make a wood frame about 1-1/4" wide for a rectangle about 8" x
26" into which I am going to pt a piece of drywall. 1/4 or half don't know
yet. This is going to be place directly above the fuse box frame I made,
and will be up to ceiling from fuse box door box. I am going to paint it
the same colour as the room. But I don't want to permanently attach it. I
guess I could use screws, and plugs. For access to where the wires divert
above the fuse box.

I've seen push-in thingys for click-locking doors They screw in from the
back and have a ball head. A spring-tanged hole attaches to the stationary
mount point behind I've looked at HD, Canadian Tire, and browsed LeeValley
catalogue. Where could I get some of these things in Toronto? What are they
called. I haven't really looked hard, and I now guess they aren't that
uncommon.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

"bent" wrote in message
I am going to make a wood frame about 1-1/4" wide for a rectangle about 8"
x 26" into which I am going to pt a piece of drywall. 1/4 or half don't
know yet. This is going to be place directly above the fuse box frame I
made, and will be up to ceiling from fuse box door box. I am going to
paint it the same colour as the room. But I don't want to permanently
attach it. I guess I could use screws, and plugs. For access to where the
wires divert above the fuse box.

I've seen push-in thingys for click-locking doors They screw in from the
back and have a ball head. A spring-tanged hole attaches to the stationary
mount point behind I've looked at HD, Canadian Tire, and browsed
LeeValley catalogue. Where could I get some of these things in Toronto?
What are they called. I haven't really looked hard, and I now guess they
aren't that uncommon.

Lee Valley or Rockler - do an Item search on "Ball Catch"

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Posted to rec.woodworking
bent

none of these constrain in enough directions nor mount the way I'd like.
The ball would be the head, is what I'd like. These ones shown at LV would
have to be aligned in pairs attached perpendicularly, otherwise they could
slide out . I could drill a hole through the part that looks like a T, so
that the two balls would hold it , if it weren't strong enough in the first
place, Whats the inventors hotline? Actually I think screws w/ round heads
are a standard item sold seperately. Then I'd just need a tang, preferably
I could drill a hole for, and hamer it in. Its up and outta the way, but I
just thought.

Posted to rec.woodworking
bent

a wrap around sheet metal U clip, then I can chisel out all 3 clearii at
back at same time into the 2x4s

Drilling tiny hole in motorcycle head jtaylor Metalworking 4 June 29th 04 01:19 AM
BP Round Ram J Head Adapter? dka Metalworking 1 March 17th 04 04:40 AM
Questions on repairing/replacing damaged thread in aluminum engine head. Jason D. Metalworking 2 December 16th 03 11:39 AM
Printer Reestit Mutton UK diy 16 October 31st 03 10:06 AM
Fisher cassette heads bg Electronics Repair 5 July 30th 03 05:04 AM