Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom H

Default Heavy Duty Bench Dogs on Ebay

Only four left.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

"Tom H" wrote in message
om...
Only four left.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

I suppose that is a good price, buty I just couldn't pay $4 on a $2 item.
(I did sell a $0.99 jigsaw with $12 postage, but I was rather hoping for a
better bid.)

Posted to rec.woodworking
AL

As one of the bidders pointed out with this question, Harbor Freight also
sells them. I think their's is more useful:

Posted to rec.woodworking
todd

"AL" wrote in message
As one of the bidders pointed out with this question, Harbor Freight also
sells them. I think their's is more useful:

Well, that's a holdfast, not a bench dog.

todd

Posted to rec.woodworking
Wood Butcher

A word of caution re the HF holdfast. They're cast and
not forged so they are more likely to break. If you don't
use them to hard they will probably hold up OK.

Art

"todd" wrote in message
. ..
"AL" wrote in message
As one of the bidders pointed out with this question, Harbor Freight also
sells them. I think their's is more useful:

Well, that's a holdfast, not a bench dog.

todd

Posted to rec.woodworking
todd

"Wood Butcher" wrote in message
A word of caution re the HF holdfast. They're cast and
not forged so they are more likely to break. If you don't
use them to hard they will probably hold up OK.

Art

Yep. I've designed enough parts made from cast iron to know that I wouldn't
want to use it in a situation where it will be taking repeated blows.

todd