Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Rich Grise

Default What is it? CIII

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:36:58 +0000, Dave Baker wrote:
R.H. wrote in message
"Mark Brader" wrote in message
"R.H." writes:
For those that guessed some of the older ones in the photo loop:
Next week I'm thinking about putting the previous set in the moving

photo
strip, and showing only the latest post on the main page. I'll see

how
it
looks.

Oh, it's supposed to be *animated*! No wonder it didn't make sense.
You have to *tell* people if you want them to turn on things like
animation and Javascript, you know. In fact, why require it?

Sorry, I didn't know that some people turned off animation and Javascript.
Now I'm wondering
how many people do this and if I should continue with it or just go with
non-moving photos, the only
reason that I used it was to try something different.

Keep it simple for those that don't have every new-fangled bell and whistle
installed on their pc. Personally I hate these intrusive moving images that
Javascript and Flash player impose on me when I go into websites.

I didn't even know it was Javascript. I thought it was done quite
tastefully, but I assumed it was something like an animated .gif.

Cheers!
Rich