Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
foggytown

Default What did I make? (May be useful to others)

I believe in "adopt, adapt and improve". The other day I was resisting
buying an electric scroll saw. But I had a project which would really
benefit from one. Suddenly: an idea. I (very securely) mounted a jig
saw to a piece of 1/2" X 16" X 12" ply with the base plate flat against
the ply. I had cut a 1" hole in the ply directly under the blade so,
when a blade was in the saw, it would poke through the ply. Then I
attached two side walls to the ply on each side of the saw and turned
it over so it stood on the edges of the walls. I ended up with sort of
an upside-down scroll saw which works great with a scroll blade in the
saw. It's probably dangerous as hell but also handy.

FoggyTown