Posted to rec.woodworking
charlie b

Default OOPS #2,741

OOPS #2,741 - and that’s just THIS month.

ALMOST glued my dust collector remote INSIDE a torsion box on which I
was glueing the top. Got so focused on clamps, cauls, glue spreading
and parts alignment that I didn’t see the RED remote. Got everything
aligned and started applying the clamps.

Suddenly I heard the dust collector go on.

What the F...!

Checked my back pocket where I often clip the remote. Nope.

Began scanning the clutter on the end of the bench top. Nope.

Checked the router table - the home for the remote. Nope.

Scanned all the flat surfaces above floor level for anything RED.
Nope.

You know that hollow feeling you get in the pit of your stomach as the
relaization sets in that you’ve just done something really, really
stupid?

If I take this top off and the remote isn’t in there I’m gonna be POed -
big time!

Could you hear the sound of my palm striking my forehead - forcefully?
Sure sounded really loud to me. Clear vision is returning - slowly.
The embarassed expression will probably be gone by tomorrow - afternoon
- hopefully.

Maybe I should epoxy the remote to a 3 foot length of 2x4 - that’s
painted International Organge.

charlie b
Posted to rec.woodworking
charlie b

wrote:

Newp.
1) pound a nail into the wall at eyeball height inside the shop door.
2) Loop some nylon cord around the remote keychain.
3) Hang it on the nail.

This is a LoneRanger remote - 1" x 1" by maybe 5 inches long -
with a belt clip.

You've got wall space, especially at eye height somewhere in
your shop? Amazing - truly amazing. You are blessed.

When you go to the shop, hang it around your neck.

Don't know about you, but I play with things that spin
things. Just keeping body parts and clothes away from
them is challenging enough. Having something hanging
from a nylon cord - around my neck - just doesn't
seem like such a good idea - to me.

As you leave the shop, hang it back up on the nail.

See response above nails and shop wall space

If you accidentally take it inside
the house with you, make it a point to return it immediately. Don't
wait. You'll lose it. DAMHIKT. (about other things)

"Immediately" is not in my vocabulary - I'm retired.
(19 years of school work, 31 years of civil service
with emphasis on both being civil and being of service-
and now I don't have to "earn a living" - odd concept.)

Now where the HELL did I put that Practical Yacht Joinery book I got
for myself just before Christmas?!? It's nowhere to be found.

Check the outhouse.

Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.

Now why hasn't someone come up with hair and teeth made
of fat celss?

charlie b
Helping people feel less dumb by demonstrating the range
of dumbness that is possible.
Posted to rec.woodworking
robo hippy

After my first remote vaniehed, I think it was with the turning
shavings, I bought 2 remotes. One stays on a clip in my lathe room, and
the other is out in my shop. Now, if one vanishes, I have a back up
until the new one gets here.
robo hippy

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

That's it. Have something loose and dangly around your neck while working
with power tools.

wrote in message
1) pound a nail into the wall at eyeball height inside the shop door.
2) Loop some nylon cord around the remote keychain.
3) Hang it on the nail.

When you go to the shop, hang it around your neck. As you leave the
shop, hang it back up on the nail. If you accidentally ake it inside
the house with you, make it a point to return it immediately. Don't
wait. You'll lose it. DAMHIKT. (about other things)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 05:34:33 -0800, wrote:

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 00:06:33 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
charlie b quickly quoth:

Maybe I should epoxy the remote to a 3 foot length of 2x4 - that’s
painted International Organge.

Newp.
1) pound a nail into the wall at eyeball height inside the shop door.

If'n you do that, please don't put it at eyeball height. Put it somwhere
where it won't do any damage when you walk into it while thinking about
what you are going to be doing in the shop today.

.... snip of otherwise good advice.

---
http://diversify.com See our NoteSHADES(tm) privacy/glare guards

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robert Bonomi

In article II8Kf.4159$yw4.158@trnddc05,
Lobby Dosser wrote:
wrote:

Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.

"What's that round your middle?"
"My first beer and all its decendents."

"That's a liquified grain byproducts storage system"

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default any pre made 220v 16 amp remotes?

Any pre made remotes for us electrically challenged people? I am not
much on wiring and I need to get this going.
Or what about using the long ranger gate control and using a 12v
remote to connect the wires?

Posted to rec.woodworking
robo hippy

Well, I have the 3hp/220v Oneida dust collector, and Lone Ranger has a
set up for that. I had an electrician over for a few other things, and
had him wire it up for me.
As a side note, a friend of mine just got one of the Grizzly 2hp
collectors that came with a remote that was infared instead of FM radio
frequency opperated. He found out that the remote switch for his Jet
air filter would turn on the dust collector as well. With the infared,
you have to point it at the machine, where as with the other one, you
just have to hit the switch. I can even start it while outside the
shop.
robo hippy

Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve knight

fOn 24 Feb 2006 09:40:04 -0800, "robo hippy"
wrote:

Well, I have the 3hp/220v Oneida dust collector, and Lone Ranger has a
set up for that. I had an electrician over for a few other things, and
had him wire it up for me.

I have a long ranger it is only rated for 15 amps. I need a beefier
one the motor is rated at 16 amps and pops the breaker on the long
ranger.
Knight-Toolworks
http://www.knight-toolworks.com
affordable handmade wooden planes
Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve knight

tOn Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:55:51 -0800, Mike M
wrote:

Easiest thing to do is pick upa 2 pole 25-30 amp contactor and
enclosure and use your long ranger to control the new contactor.
Wiring is actually very basic.

for you maybe (G) but for me I need lots of help.

OT - The New Wars Martin H. Eastburn Metalworking 0 November 10th 05 02:58 AM
oops [email protected] Home Repair 1 May 3rd 05 03:58 PM
Shelf standards oops Dukester Woodworking 19 December 6th 04 06:22 PM
Oops - typo in last post UnhappyCamper Home Ownership 1 August 26th 04 04:13 AM
oops Badger UK diy 17 May 20th 04 10:58 AM