Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
charlie b

Default OOPS #2,741

OOPS #2,741 - and that’s just THIS month.

ALMOST glued my dust collector remote INSIDE a torsion box on which I
was glueing the top. Got so focused on clamps, cauls, glue spreading
and parts alignment that I didn’t see the RED remote. Got everything
aligned and started applying the clamps.

Suddenly I heard the dust collector go on.

What the F...!

Checked my back pocket where I often clip the remote. Nope.

Began scanning the clutter on the end of the bench top. Nope.

Checked the router table - the home for the remote. Nope.

Scanned all the flat surfaces above floor level for anything RED.
Nope.

You know that hollow feeling you get in the pit of your stomach as the
relaization sets in that you’ve just done something really, really
stupid?

If I take this top off and the remote isn’t in there I’m gonna be POed -
big time!

Could you hear the sound of my palm striking my forehead - forcefully?
Sure sounded really loud to me. Clear vision is returning - slowly.
The embarassed expression will probably be gone by tomorrow - afternoon
- hopefully.

Maybe I should epoxy the remote to a 3 foot length of 2x4 - that’s
painted International Organge.

charlie b

OT - The New Wars Martin H. Eastburn Metalworking 0 November 10th 05 02:58 AM
oops [email protected] Home Repair 1 May 3rd 05 03:58 PM
Shelf standards oops Dukester Woodworking 19 December 6th 04 06:22 PM
Oops - typo in last post UnhappyCamper Home Ownership 1 August 26th 04 04:13 AM
oops Badger UK diy 17 May 20th 04 10:58 AM