Posted to rec.woodworking
SBO

Default Converting table saw to 220V

I try to convert my table saw motor to 220V. Everything seems ok but,
according to the schema on the motor, there is one wire who will stay
alone.

Is it normal ?

S.B.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"SBO" wrote in message

there is one wire who will stay alone.

Is it normal ?

No, it will have low self esteem over time. Interactions with others is
necessary if it is to get along in the wire society. This is a sad
situation.

Posted to rec.woodworking
JeffB

Yes.
--
JeffB
remove no.spam. to email

Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

"SBO" wrote in message
. ..
I try to convert my table saw motor to 220V. Everything seems ok but,
according to the schema on the motor, there is one wire who will stay
alone.

Is it normal ?

I have changed 3 motors to 240v. Two were simple and made sense. The third
was weird. But all three worked fine.
I expect yours will be fine also. Probably has something to do with the
starting circuitry.

Posted to rec.woodworking
chuck

I would guess that the wire unused for 220 volt operation is the neutral
(white). Typically, you would have something like red and black as the
hot wires and green for the grounding conductor. Sound right?

Chuck

SBO wrote:
I try to convert my table saw motor to 220V. Everything seems ok but,
according to the schema on the motor, there is one wire who will stay
alone.

Is it normal ?

S.B.

Posted to rec.woodworking
SBO

Thank you to all.

Conversion was made successfully and nobody was electrocuted.

S.B.