Posted to rec.woodworking
mark

Default cabinet making books

Can anyone recomend a good up to date kithen cabinet making book. I got a
few at the library but they are dated. Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"mark" wrote in message
Can anyone recomend a good up to date kithen cabinet making book. I got a
few at the library but they are dated. Thanks

http://home.insightbb.com/~jpaquay/byokc.html

.... you don't really need anything else.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
JGS

I have found Danny Proulx's book very helpful. Cheers, JG

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/155...lance&n=283155

mark wrote:

Can anyone recomend a good up to date kithen cabinet making book. I got a
few at the library but they are dated. Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking
Locutus

"mark" wrote in message
Can anyone recomend a good up to date kithen cabinet making book. I got a
few at the library but they are dated. Thanks

I have TimeLife's "The Art of Woodworking: Kitchen Cabinets" in PDF. It's a
pretty nice book. If interested drop your email and I will send put it up on
a fileshare and send you the link. It's a pretty large file however at 93mb.
It is currently out of print, so if you wanted to get a hold of it you would
probably need to find it used somewhere.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I second this book. I got it a while back and it gives you everything
you need to know--nothing more/nothing less.

I found it a lot less confusing as most of the others--and it is
extremely reasonably priced, too.

Posted to rec.woodworking
DC

mark wrote:
Can anyone recomend a good up to date kithen cabinet making book. I got a
few at the library but they are dated. Thanks

Danny Proulx's books are good. I have the "frameless" volume and I like
it very much.

http://www.cabinetmaking.com/

Note: I was able to get mine for only CAD$28 from Lee Valley (instead
of the $35 listed on Danny's web site).

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,46096,46108

--
DC

(((:~{

Posted to rec.woodworking

Holy cow. I am sorry I offended you. I thought I left the text from
the previous poster but, obviously, I didn't.

I don't know what has lodged itself in your crawl but I guess I have to
say I am sorry.

I just have to ask this question: What the hell has happened to this
newsgroup? People are getting pretty snippy around here lately.
Truthfully, I believe it all started when that goofball 2006.whatever
started his nonsense but it seems to me that a lot of people have been
picking up his language lately.

I have lurked here for a few years now. I read more than I post and I
usually post questions. This was one time I felt good responding to a
question. I'm sorry if I ****ed some people off but I certainly didn't
mean to do it. If it was a mistake, I'm sorry. I didn't realize it
was. Maybe it is the fact that I read this newsgroup in Google Groups
and it didn't occur to me when I posted it that others get individual
emails.

Your byline is " If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough " so it
is assumed you never made a mistake in your life. It must be wonderful
being perfect.

Actually, I am hoping either Mark or Juanita was having a bad day when
they posted this. But it seems like this response was a little too
much like the 2006.idiot.

I must be tough because responding to this post was really pretty
dumb.......

By the way, the following is what I responded to:

Mark & Juanita wrote:
On 10 Feb 2006 12:30:02 -0800, wrote:

I second this book. I got it a while back and it gives you everything
you need to know--nothing more/nothing less.

I found it a lot less confusing as most of the others--and it is
extremely reasonably priced, too.

Well, I'm glad you second it, because those of us not viewing every
frickin' posting all the time haven't the foggiest idea which book you are
promoting.

Posted to rec.woodworking

CW,

I am sorry. The original poster didn't have the title either, just the
website. I recognized the website as where I purchased the book.

The name of it is "Building Your Own Kitchen Cabinetry" by John Paquay.

His website is http://home.insightbb.com/~jpaquay/byokc.html

I hope that helps. I am sorry if I upset you.

I respond to this newsgroup within Googlle. I don't think Google
includes the original message. Here is what you had in your post (in
casee Google doesn't carry it along):

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

On 10 Feb 2006 12:30:02 -0800, wrote:

I second this book. I got it a while back and it gives you everything
you need to know--nothing more/nothing less.

I found it a lot less confusing as most of the others--and it is
extremely reasonably priced, too.

Well, I'm glad you second it, because those of us not viewing every
frickin' posting all the time haven't the foggiest idea which book you are
promoting.

In other words, it's nice to snip *unimportant* stuff but I'd say that
the
title was pretty important. Just an FYI - no flame intended.

Posted to rec.woodworking
David

mark wrote:
Can anyone recomend a good up to date kithen cabinet making book. I got a
few at the library but they are dated. Thanks

I was going to say Proulx, but 2 already mentioned him. He covers much
of what you need to know for kitchen cabinets. I had a few unanswered
questions, but all in all, a good book.

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Hell, you guys want cabinet making books, go to a decent used
bookstore. You can buy maybe five or six, for the price of just one in
a new bookstore.

JOAT
IThere is no vaccine against stupidity!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Oops, CW, I am really sorry. I meant this to C&E.

I was sorta outta my mind last night.

How did I get into this? Thanks for the link in any case. Definatly
worth
a look.

wrote in message

oups.com...