Posted to rec.woodworking
LineVoltageHalogen

Default Delta 10" band saw w/ 1.75 inch dust port.

Greeting All, I own the delta 10" band saw and this tool has a 1.75
(od) dust port. I also own the delta single stage dust collection
system and it has a 4" inch house. I can't find anywhere a 4" to 1.7"
converter so that I can attach my dust collection tool to my band saw?
Has anyone a clue as to how I can go about hooking these two devices
up?

Thanks, TFD.

Posted to rec.woodworking
GeeDubb

"LineVoltageHalogen" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greeting All, I own the delta 10" band saw and this tool has a 1.75
(od) dust port. I also own the delta single stage dust collection
system and it has a 4" inch house. I can't find anywhere a 4" to 1.7"
converter so that I can attach my dust collection tool to my band saw?
Has anyone a clue as to how I can go about hooking these two devices
up?

Thanks, TFD.

add a 4" dust collection port to the lower wheel housing of the bandsaw and
forget the worthless 1.75" port. I wouldn't want to restrict my DC to 1.75"
so I added the 4" port. If you'd like, I can post a photo on ABPW.

Gary

Posted to rec.woodworking
GeeDubb

"GeeDubb" wrote in message

"LineVoltageHalogen" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greeting All, I own the delta 10" band saw and this tool has a 1.75
(od) dust port. I also own the delta single stage dust collection
system and it has a 4" inch house. I can't find anywhere a 4" to 1.7"
converter so that I can attach my dust collection tool to my band saw?
Has anyone a clue as to how I can go about hooking these two devices
up?

Thanks, TFD.

add a 4" dust collection port to the lower wheel housing of the bandsaw
and forget the worthless 1.75" port. I wouldn't want to restrict my DC to
1.75" so I added the 4" port. If you'd like, I can post a photo on ABPW.

Gary

Whoops, just realized that was a 10" model not a 14 like I have, sorry.
Gary

Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"LineVoltageHalogen" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greeting All, I own the delta 10" band saw and this tool has a 1.75
(od) dust port. I also own the delta single stage dust collection
system and it has a 4" inch house. I can't find anywhere a 4" to 1.7"
converter so that I can attach my dust collection tool to my band saw?
Has anyone a clue as to how I can go about hooking these two devices
up?

Check out Woodcraft, Rockler, Lee Valley. there are various adapters made,
some with a stepped taper that you cut the size you need. Don't forget the
duct tape!

Posted to rec.woodworking
LineVoltageHalogen

from my research it seems that the only way to get from a 4" house to a
1.75" O.D. dust port is to use the stepped taper. I have yet to find a
4" to 1.75" converter.

Posted to rec.woodworking
j.b. miller

Hay I thought this was a woodworking forum....how about MAKING the adapter
from, say, WOOD ??? Before you flame me, that's what I did, also the tapered
adapter's about 8 bucks, scrap wood is free,at least around here. I used a
chunk of Mahogany glued up to a piece of ash. Simple project and a REASON to
keep so many cutoffs around here!
As other's have said though, open another 2" port or you'll stress the vac
motor.
Jay