Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Bob DeWeese, CML, CJS

Default Need help impressioning barrel key cabinet lock

Ya know, doosey, (good name BTW)

I've tried extending an olive branch to you (in another thread). I asked
you a sincere question, but you are too busy with your incessant whining and
statements that are completely untrue, to take the time to answer it

I've given you more time than many others here. I'm done and am now plonking
you like the troll that you are. Grow up and have a nice life.

"doosey" wrote in message
On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 01:01:57 +0000, Allan wrote:

I have a cupboard my in-laws brought back from France in the 60's (the
piece may actually have been made in Germany, but no one knows for
sure). Of course, the key to the drop-down shelf was lost during a
move, and, although I have purchased about a hundred old barrel keys,
I've been unable to get the lock open.

Some keys move an internal lever 1/4 turn, but then is interrupted
before completing the last 1/4 turn.

I need some good instructions for impressioning a key for this lock. I
received a number of blanks among the keys I bought, so I have something
to work with. I have read a number of articles on how to do this for
regular pin locks, but have been unable to find anything on barrel-keyed
furniture locks.

TIA for your help.

Regards,
Allan.

STOP!!!!

Do NOT ATTEMPT THIS YOURSELF!!!!

This type of work requires the skills of a trained locksmith and seeing as
you do not know the magic incantation to make this work you will only
cause more harm than good.

Why do you expect locksmiths to reveal their *secrets* to you?
Do you think Doug Henning will tell you how he makes things disappear?
have you ever smoked a blank?

That being said, you might want to ask over in rec.woodworking because the
true crafts-people that hang out there are a hell of a lot friendlier than
the nasty sourball locksmiths over in alt.locksmithing.

Of course cabinet making and woodworking isn't a dying skill/art like
locksmithing is.

Good luck!

Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

Bob DeWeese, CML, CJS wrote:

I've given you more time than many others here. I'm done and am now plonking
you like the troll that you are. Grow up and have a nice life.

On the other hand, Why O Why! do you feel it is necessary to cross-post
your uninteresting and offtopic plonk announcement to groups that
couldn't care less about your petty grievances when it is very clear
which group the OP is posting from?

er
--
email not valid